“Disappointing, overcooked, dry chicken”

Rancho Argentinian Grill
Ranked #631 of 3,855 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
England
“Disappointing, overcooked, dry chicken”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Enticed in by enthusiastic person in the street - telling us about a special that sounded good. Shown to table next to the bar that was used for storage and clearly was not big enough or pleasant enough to be used as a dining table. Then shown to a bigger table - obviously just trying it on. Server knew nothing about the special and did not offer to find out. Ordered from the menu. Ribs and chicken was served with the tiniest baked potato I have ever seen. Chicken was so dry and ribs were not much better - no sauces served with it. Enthusiastic person happened to be inside restarant and I asked about sauces and he ordered two 'on the house' - he also requested the fries that should have been served with a ribs main. Have eaten far better chicken and ribs in Amsterdam.

• Visited August 2014

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loud and ripoff”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We were ushered in by a tout and shown to a table for 4(there were 3 of us). The waitress was unhappy and moved us to a small table for 2 (we were clearly taking up space for more profitable people). We were totally cramped. We ordered chicken fajitas for 3 and got a pan of food that was in no way for 3, more like for 2. They charged us 4 euros for water. The waitresses were only interested in getting us out as quickly as possible. The chicken fajitas was mainly veg. Would not go there again. Floor was very wonky!

Gladbach, Germany
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I had a night out while my mother-in-law stayed at the hotel with our kids, so we ventured out to find a restaurant. Most places were full, so we walked into Rancho's.

I was worried because I had eaten at Argentinian steakhouses before, and I was not a fan. Let me tell you, this was nothing like those places! The food was outstanding, the presentation amazing, the staff were very helpful, although they were extremely busy, and the price was right. I definitely recommend trying this place out.

• Visited April 2014
“There are better places to eat”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were hungry walking in the area. They have someone in the middle of the street attempting to bring in tourists. We wish we kept walking. The food was bland and the service was not good. Even the beer wasn't cold. Very slow service and rude too.

• Visited July 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“Fabulos!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On the advice of a friend I found this restaurant. I advise you to find and if you love beef. In Amsterdam there are several locations. I was in the one next to Rembrandt Square
The food is arranged on the plate so appetizing as a great restaurant.
Simply fall in love steak here.

• Visited July 2014