“nice modern”

Ranked #91 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“nice modern”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very nice hotel very peaceful stay, we did stay in executive deluxe double room, nice spacious bathroom, great bed, considering it has about 300 rooms we didn't see anyone around apart from breakfast and in reception ,there were a lot of guest there. Facilities in room were good and all working, only thing it missed was a fridge however they do have ice machine's by lifts on certain floors, nice friendly staff happy to help and advise.
I thought I'd try the 17floor restaurant for breakfast but was disappointed it was an international option, no full English! Lol
We are planning another trip here just to visit 17floor for dinner the views were very nice from the top.
Rembandt park is outside hotel which is nice for a stroll, plus locals use it for exercise.
Easy access to city centre tram 13 about 3min walk from hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get better views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Craig D,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm delighted to read all your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for pointing out our great location, there is so much to explore in the city of Amsterdam. The view from the hotel rooms and Floor17 is indeed marvelous.

I am glad the hotel has been described as peaceful. The Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre does provide 446 rooms, but the rooms are designed in such a way that disturbance from noise coming from the hallway or other rooms is reduced to a minimum.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you to Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre and I do hope to welcome you back any time soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We arrived here with great expectations......and I'm really sad to say they were crushed!
On arrival at our room we thought ok it's a little small but we can cope. Then on closer inspection we didn't have the usual 'do not disturb sign' or safe set up guide etc and a room key from the previous tenants was left in the electricity slot inside. The panoramic view over the city we'd paid for turned out to be a panoramic view of the motorway.....whilst on the phone to reception I noticed a €10 note rolled up in the hotel magazine on the desk.......this room wasn't cleaned or prepared properly. We were moved to a room with the view we had paid for no problem and the guy from reception was really helpful.
The location was ok however parking was expensive for the location (being 15min away via tram) we tended to walk Into the centre but the tram was very reasonably priced and nearby.
On one occasion my partner asked a receptionist if the food by the reception was self service and the reply he received was along the lines of 'obviously not as you have to pay for it' which is odd (maybe she'd had a bad morning)
The hotel bar was awesome and the food in the restaurant was delicious and very reasonable!
During our stay it was the kings day celebrations and the atmosphere was amazing! We went to both Rotterdam and Amsterdam for this and thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tiffany S
Dear Ms. Tiffany,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us such a detailed review online!

I’m very sorry you were not provided with the city view as booked. When visiting Amsterdam again, please do contact me in person so I can personally provide you with one of our amazing executive rooms.

Regarding the room key, I do think this has been left by the housekeeping department to cool your room. Especially during these warm summer days, our rooms might need some air-conditioning.
Normally, a safe set up guide as well as the DND sign are available in each room. I have discussed this issue with the Housekeeping Management to prevent this from happening in the future.

I would also like to thank you for sharing your constructive feedback regarding our reception team. I will make sure, necessary steps have been taken.

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude for the kind words you have for both our hotel bar as well as the restaurant! This is the level of service we strive to throughout our entire hotel!

In case you have any questions or remarks, please do feel free to contact me directly. I truly hope that we will be able to provide our product and service again to you in the near future. Your loyalty and satisfaction is our main priority.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed June 10, 2014

1-When we got to the airport, the van that takes us to the Hotel was too pequena.O that made people who were waiting, failed to comply with order of finish, had to be waiting over 40 minutos.Começou hurt stay in the hotel.
2-Bedroom has a reasonable size, but it was a lack of cleanliness, incrivel.Mete nojo.Só where ve.Por clean under beds, sofas, plus d po, ​​up papers had, I know it how many days or meses.Dificilmete had seen something destas.Após complaint at the reception, I thought that in the following days, this would equal melhorar.Tudo.
3-Regarding Breakfast, I can say that is good, replenish when things end, it is true, and the staff are very friendly, especially Ismael Ahmed.

What I do not admit, is that before that happened, no nobody of hotel staff, who has personally made a request for desculpas.Certamente that those responsible for this chain of hotels, which I think are German, they will go like to know quese passes this hotel fairly clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Celso014,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre with the rest of the world!

I’m sorry to hear that your stay didn’t meet up with all your expectations. Regarding the transportation I would like to mention that this is an additional service which indeed might be used heavily during rush hours. Please do know that we always strive to reduce the waiting times to a minimum.

Regarding the housekeeping service I would like to thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I can assure that what has happened will be discussed among all responsible managers and employees to prevent this from happening again.

In addition I would like to thank you for your kind words in regard to the breakfast. I have passed on your feedback to the whole Ramada team!

With warm regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were not in the best of moods to start with - an equipment failure caused the airline to put us here overnight. The hotel is not that close to the airport, the hotel airport van is small, and we had to wait an hour for a van with space to get to the hotel.
The hotel is a high rise -- with fabulous views over the absolutely flat Dutch countryside, and Amsterdam in the far distance. The design is modern, but not sleek. The room was smallish. The mattresses were comfortable, but are lightweight and somewhat difficult to keep on the bed. There was virtually no closet space, and only one luggage rack for 2 people (a common hotel failure). The shower gel/shampoo was dispensed by an appliance on the wall of the shower, as was the soap next to the sink. Messy. No shower door/curtain, and I had difficulty keeping the the water in the shower and not an inch deep all over the floor.
The food in the restaurant buffet was mediocre at best. Service was friendly, but we were told at check-in that there would be a big bus to take us to the airport in time for our early flight and we would be called to tell us when the bus would depart. At bed time, there had been no call, and an enquiry to the desk said that there would be no bus, and we needed to make a reservation with the hotel van. Fortunately, they had space available.
In short, I'm glad we didn't pay aor the experience.

2 Thank David P
Dear David P,

First of all I would like to thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Please do understand that we strive to provide each stranded guest with a quick and professional service. Even though we are just 15 minutes away from the airport, this might have felt like a very long journey.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Excellent accommodations, friendly staff, amazing view, close to centre (tram to Dam Square-10 min, the stop is just across the street). Would definitely recommend it and I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Boudewijn M, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Mari_Dragomir,

Let me start by expressing my gratitude to you for taking the effort in writing this review.

I am happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to our hotel again, so that next time we will be able to exceed your expectations!

Kind regards,

Mumbai, India
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for four nights and while booking the hotel, we were a little apprehensive about the location. On the day of the check-in we reached the hotel around 1230pm and the front office manager was super helpful and courteous. We got a lovely room on the 14th floor with the city view. The rooms are very nice even by Asian standards - large, upscale and very classy.
The best thing about the hotel was the reception staff. Everybody went out of their way to be helpful and always smiling.

The location: The tram stop is a 2 minute walk from the hotel and there is a tram (#13) that stops every 5 - 10 mins and takes you to Dam Square in 10 mins. So you are in the middle of the action within 10 - 15 mins. Yes, the only concern area here is the last tram runds till about 1145pm after which there is a night bus that stops at the same stop. I didnt try it out though.

Overall, a great hotel which makes up for the very slight disadvantage of the location!

4 Thank rahulge1980
Dear rahulge1980,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. We will share your lovely comments about the staff with them.

Although guaranteed check-in time is only after 15:00, we indeed try to be flexible when it comes to requests such as yours. Thank you for sharing these kind words with other travelers.

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback on our location. Indeed, public transport gets you from the hotel to the various hotspots in an instant! And although not as frequent as during the day, the hotel is indeed very reachable during the night through bus transport.

It was great to read that you found our hotel to be perfect for your needs. That is actually more than we could hope for. Thanks again for writing the review. We really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 3, 2014

From the entrance and the friendly welcome by the staff until the amazing rooftop terrace, everything in this hotel breaths class and a high service level.
The rooms don't just have an amazing view over the city of Amsterdam but also give you all the comfort you can ask for. Great bed by the way!!
The bar on 'Floor 17' is awesome! If you're lucky and the rooftop terrace is open, do have a drink and enjoy the great atmosphere and priceless view. Don't hesitate tot make reservations for the restaurant on the 17th floor. Not only is the food sublime and from a level you don't experience very often in a hotel, also the service and again the view over Amsterdam makes this an experience that will make you come back. I know I will!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ZenoPanhuyzen
Dear PanHuyzen,

It is exactly these kinds of guest experiences that my team and I strive for day in, day out!

Many thanks as well for the kind words you spent on our rooftop terrace. We have only recently opened this outlet; such reviews only make us more confident that it was good we did!

The printout of your review now has a nice spot in our canteen; there it serves a motivator for the entire team!We definitely hope to welcome you back in our hotel so we can assist you again in making your journey a success.

Warm regards,