“Perfect”

Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #91 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed February 9, 2014

From the moment we were met by the free shuttle service to the hotel until the moment we left we experienced excellent customer service. The staff were helpful with everything including directions and recommendations of both attractions and restaurants.
Even when the receptionist was on her own during a busy period we still did not feel rushed. The room was very modern, great view and spotlessly clean. We purchased a 48hour tram/bus pass from reception for 12€. We highly recommend this as its a great way of travelling all around amsterdam efficiently. There is no price difference when bought on the tram. We visited the '17 floor' bar for a drink, the drinks were a bit pricey but the atmosphere and view made up for that. Even though we are a young couple and dont expect much we were treated the same as everybody else and hotel staff made sure we got the best possible service. Overall we had a great time and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luke J
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Luke J,

Thank you very much for these wonderful and kind words on tripadvisor. A five bullet score is one of the biggest compliments we can get!

I’m especially delighted with your compliments towards our staff, I will definitely share your words among my team.

It has been a pleasure having you as a guest and I do hope to welcome you back in the (near) future.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Last weekend we stayed in Ramado Apollo with friends. We had a very nice stay. The hotel doesn't look very attractive on the outside, but is very nice decorated on the inside. The rooms are cosy and comfortable. The only thing that is missing is an extra mirror in the room. There is one in the bathroom and not in the bedroom. When you have an upper floor you get a very nice view over Amsterdam as well.
Next day we went to the city center and with public transport (tram) it's not far at all.
We had dinner at Floor 17 and it was very good. Nice atmosphere with DJ, a hotspot in Amsterdam and the food was also very tasty. We have one vegetarian in our group and the chef had a very special menu for her.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PetraBH5820MJ
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear PetraBH5820MJ,

Thank you very much for your wonderful words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre!

A diner at Floor17 combined with a stay on one of our top floors is a real tremendous combination. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I am however, quit surprised with your comments regarding a mirror since all our deluxe rooms do have an enormous mirror behind the television. Please contact me in person so I can check this room in person.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend in Amsterdam and could not fault this hotel. The staff are all incredibly friendly starting with the shuttle bus driver at the airport collection. The bar at the hotel has lovely views and is very reasonably priced in comparison to the rest of the city. Tram stop right outside the hotel but make sure to get 13 back from Central station as the tram drivers get confused by the hotel name and suggest one that drops off 3 miles away!! Would stay here again when I next visit without a second thought.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Df2721991
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Df2721991,

Thank you very much for this wonderful 5 bullet review, this is one of the biggest compliments we can get! I’m especially delighted with your compliments regarding our staff, this is one of our main focus points!

Also the fact that you would like to stay here again is from high importance to me. Again, thank you very much for this review and I do hope to welcome you back in the (near) future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My hubby and I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful (and not at all full of their own importance, as many staff in similar quality hotels tend to be). Celestra and Hans went out of their way to be very kind and caring. The buffet (with very convenient hours of 6.30 to 10am on weeks days) was a joy and you wanted for nothing, and the view from the restaurant was an added bonus. The bed was firm and very comfortable, we had our choice of heat settings from the gizmo on the wall, the room was very clean and we enjoyed the walk in shower. My husband and I are well traveled and the quietness of the rooms was the best ever. We could not hear footsteps above or T Vs. or people passing by in the corridor. Bliss!! I would highly recommended this hotel and I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank twoenglishladies

Dear Twoenglishladies,

Thank you very much for taking time to write us such a wonderful review, this really means the world to me and my team!

Your compliment towards our staff will definitely be shared among all members of staff. This is a great example about the service we would like to offer to each guest!

Thank you very much for much for this recommendation and I do hope to welcome you back as a guest one day!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I arrived to the hotel via the shuttle bus from Schiphol. Excellent driver. The hotel is new and the staff on the reception is friendly.
I decided to treat myself with a "a la cart" dinner even though my company paid for a simple buffet. I just wanted a good big steak.The restaurant looks beautiful with a nice view over the city.
I ordered the scallops (17 Euro's) and an entrecote (30 euro's) and even though the dishes looked very nice they were extremely poor in quantity. The scallops were only 2 (maybe 5 grams in total with 3-4 different sauces and 3 leafs of some miniature lettuce) and the entrecote dish consisted of 6-7 pieces of already cut entrecote covered with a sauce and 8 French fries on the side. In total all together not even 100 grams of food. I spent 55 euro's in the restaurant and had to go to a snack bar afterwards because I was still hungry like a elephant. The first time in many years that I really felt robbed after spending 55 euro's for a 1 person dinner. Like this the restaurant can feed 150 customers with only 1 kg of entrecote all together.
Also,the restaurant waiter said that they do not serve 0,5l beer, but small ones 0,3 but then I had to constantly wave my arms in order to get the waitress to bring another one. At the end I gave up, just paid and left.No eye contact with the customers whatsoever.
I am sorry, but this is how I feel about the restaurant.
In the room for the first time ever since I travel around the globe there are no complimentary toiletries provided (to preserve the environment!??) and you have to call for somebody to bring them up (which I did not do because I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep without having to wait for somebody to bring me some shower gel). Bring your own toiletries.
The bed in the room is extremely hard to sleep on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Milan1232014

Dear Milan1232014,

Thank you very much for taking time to write down your experiences on tripadvisor.

First of all, I´m very pleased with your compliments towards our staff and the shuttle service.

I am however quit surprised with your constructive feedback towards our restaurant, Floor 17. Please do understand that this is qualified as a fine dining restaurant, were we do offer a high quality 3-course menu for €35.

This is also the reason why no 0,5l beers are served at this part of our restaurant. In case you would like to enjoy a more extended diner, please do book for our Italian buffet. Here we do offer many fresh Italian and International products for just €25.

The toiletries are indeed available at the reception due to our Golden Green Key certificate. In case you would need them, please do ring us and we will be up in 2 minutes.

I would really hope to welcome you again at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre to provide you the expected services.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend with my boyfriend. The hotel is well decorated and new and the rooms are clean. The staff were friendly and willing to answer any questions. The tram stop out the front is handy to get around Amsterdam. The only negative comment I have to make is that when we checked in the staff member failed to tell me that he put a €112 block on my credit card even though I had paid for the room in full via booking.com. On the day I checked out I had checked my credit card statement and thought it had been compromised. It wasn't until I asked reception about any other charges did they tell me about this 'deposit' and that in 2 days it will time out and my funds would be returned.
It took about a week and was only returned once I contacted my bank. Ramada you should probably make sure you tell people about this when they check in not when they think there credit card details have been stolen!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Sir / Madame,

Thank you very much for taking time to write us a review on tripadvisor!
Your positive words towards our staff are highly appreciated and will definitely be discussed within all departments.

At the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, we do indeed ask for a €50 deposit per night. Please do contact me in person so I can look in to your booking. This deposit should indeed be described on your booking confirmation.

Again, thank you very much for taking time to write us a review online and I do hope to welcome you back in the (near) future!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Last week I spent 2 nights at this hotel for business reasons. I may say that the hotel was faboulous regarding the setting for the conference I attended, very confortable rooms, nice breakfast and delicious catering. I travel frequently and I do realise when quality on top of each detail. However, the reason that triggers me write this review was not that, in fact I found the time because I was delighted to see the outstanding performance and hospitality from one particular hotel employee, HANS!. He helped me a lot and I was so impressed he was so kind to me as I´ve never met such a nice, charming, and polite person at a reception point. Thank you so much Hans, I will never forget your .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Suarez G
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Suarez G,

Thank you very much for this wonderful 5 star review, this really means the world to me and my team.

Also your compliments regarding our staff are from high value to me since this is one of my main focus points. Therefore I will definitely share you compliments among my team.

It was a pleasure welcoming you as our guest, and I do hope to welcome you back for any coming conference or leisure trip.