Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
$256
$905
$347
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$132
$89
Hostelworld.com
3,451 results
All reviewsrembrandt parktram stopfree shuttle from the airportthe hotel shoprooftop bardam squareshuttle servicenumber tramhour passcorner roomtakes you straightbeautiful parklovely hotelcity taxtop floorcentral stationexecutive room
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a very good rate for this hotel on b&b and we absolutely had value for money.
On arrival at Schiphol, we exited the terminal, and the shuttle bus was waiting. Perfect. The driver was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick and easy. We had a 12th floor room and no, it wasn't huge, but big enough. It is a new hotel and very clean and fresh.
As with most other travellers, we found no problem with the distance to the centre and used trams extensively. Tickets can be purchased at reception. We took a little while to realise that all hotel information is via the t.v.
I agree that pillows are too small but otherwise two good, quiet and comfortable nights sleep. Beautiful to be able to leave the curtains wide open all day and night to enjoy the view over the city.
There was an extensive choice at breakfast. The left luggage service is much more secure than in other hotels as bags are placed in individual lockers.
All staff were helpful, especially the young man on reception who actually drove us back to the airport in the shuttle bus as the driver didn't appear. This service is free on arrival and only E5 for the return so it could not be more convenient.
Good experience all round and if we get the same great rate again, we will return and I would definitely recommend this hotel.
A few thoughts:
It would be good to have toiletries provided rather than having to request them free of charge. As we travel with hand baggage only, we have to keep an eye on the liquids so we usually make full use of these.
For a longer stay or for those not travelling light, hanging space could be a problem.
As paper cups are provided for tea and coffee in the room, perhaps more than one cup per person per day could be provided.
I was concerned about water escaping from the shower as the screen was too small. As were the towels. These minor things are stopping me giving an excellent rating.
All said, I much prefer this hotel to the 5* Krasnapolsky in Dam square and I will readily return. Also, the good rate and high room was probably due to low occupancy at the time. Our advantage!

Room Tip: The higher the better.
2  Thank josephine-public
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Josephine-public,

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a comprehensive review regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

I’m especially delighted with the fact that you might be coming back this hotel since this visit has turned out as described. This is definitely a big compliment to all my colleagues!

Your constructive feedback is also of great importance to the hotel and I do think your all the information provided can be used by our future guests.

Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back as a guest in the (near) future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Ramada on the 2nd January 2014 for three nights. We were very impressed with the hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We obtained 3 day tram passes from reception. The tram stops at the back of the hotel which takes you into Amsterdam. Reception also gave us a shuttle pass for the airport for 5 euros. The room was lovely and cosy, fabulous shower. We were on the 15th floor which gave us a lovely view of Amsterdam. We slept very well as there was no noise whatsoever. We would definitely stay at the Ramada again and would highly recommend it. We didnt partake in any meals as we felt the prices were too high. Amsterdam is a beautiful place to visit. We couldnt have asked for a more perfect stay. After a full day of sightseeing, the hotel was wonderful to go back to and recharge our batteries every evening and wake refreshed for the next day. I would also like to thank Tripadvisor as without the helpful comments from other peoples' reviews, we wouldnt have known about the tram line outside the hotel as well as other advice. Wonderful city break.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view is.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 5Maxine1966

Dear 5Maxine1966,

‘We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect stay’ is one of the most wonderful compliments that this hotel can get.

Thank you very much for these kind words and I do sincerely hope the welcome you back as a guest one day!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with a friend for a couple of days. The rooms were great and so was the overall look and feel of the hotel. There is a tram station right outside it where you can take Tram 13 to Dam and hence connectivity is also good. I would highly recommend this hotel to all

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Siddy0208
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Siddy0208,

Thank you very much for these wonderful words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

The fact that you would highly recommend this hotel is one of the biggest compliments we can get!
I will definitely share this among my team.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Arrived here for a 3 night stay with my girlfriend and was very impressed. Hotel is only a 40 minute bus from the airport and just a short tram ride into the centre. Ideal if you are here for a city break as it's extremely close but still in a quiet area. Rooms were modern and whichever side of the hotel you are the views are fantastic. The only downfall with the hotel is the buffet that is on offer to guests, it's in the floor 17 restaurant (which has brilliant panoramic views) and costs €25. We were basically the only people there and there was only 2 hot food options. You can also choose salads and other small options but for a fantastic hotel and top class restaurant the buffet was a huge disappointment. However when seeing what was available we did ask for our money back and got a refund from a very annoyed waiter. Overall we were both very impressed, very luxurious and clean hotel, would definitely stay again. Just would be helpful if the hotel buffet offered more selection.

2  Thank Luke P

Dear Luke P,

Thank you very much for your extensive review! A five bullet score is one of the biggest compliments we can get!

I saw that u made use of a bus which took u 40 minutes, we do however offer a shuttle service between Schiphol and the hotel which only takes 15 minutes. Please do contact the hotel in case of any future stay so we will be able to explain this service.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the buffet on Floor17 and I will definitely discuss this with all my responsible colleagues.

Again, thank you very much for your review and I do hope to welcome you as a guest once more!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ramada Apollo when visiting Amsterdam. We chose this hotel because of its location, facilities and the price and were not disappointed. The hotel itself is modern and well equipped. The location is a 15 minute tram journey to Central Station but we felt this was a bonus. You are close enough for an easy commute to any of the major tourist attractions yet far enough away to be able to enjoy the splendid view from the rooms and the quiet park that surrounds it. (I would also recommend the 3 day transport pass at 16.50 Euro for a short trip like ours as it certainly was value for money.) We appreciated the shuttle bus service to and from the hotel and the staff who throughout our stay were both pleasant and friendly. If back in Amsterdam again the Ramada is where I shall stay.
If going to book a show check in the Tourist Information Office for last minute availability on the morning of the show for cheaper tickets, (might be available online, I just saw it by chance). Boom Chicago Comedy Club was one we opted for and we saved 20 Euro.

Room Tip: High level rooms that face the city have a super view.
2  Thank MJK130168

Dear MJK130168,

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our service provided by the employees, one of our main focus points in our hotel.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.