“Delicious Tom Yum”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We came here to grab a Tom Yum on our way home. They prepared it for take-away, and quite frankly, their portions are great! The soup was exactly what I needed - filled with herbs and spices, extremely fragrant and tasty. Will be back again for more.

There are newer reviews for Billy Thai's Restaurant

Reviewed June 15, 2014

A small place with a little terras. We had a only main dishes. To be honest I forgot their names. The menu consists of more or less what you get in the average Thai restaurant. I had a dish with fresh ginger, beef and mushrooms, my partner King prawns with a sauce. Noodles on the side. All together it was nice and tasty but kind of predictable. No surprises. But the Thai beer was very nice!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I'm not an expert on Thai food so I hesitate to make pronouncements but I was expecting more depth of spiciness and flavour in the main dishes - rather than a predominance of chilli. The selection of starters was tasty though, the house white very drinkable and the service prompt and friendly.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited Billy Thai's on a Saturday night. Fortunately we had booked as it was very busy. We didn't fancy wandering aimlessly looking for a restaurant on a Saturday night when we arrived so booked by email before we visited Amsterdam, they responded quickly and table was ready and waiting when we arrived.

We are vegetarian and there was a very good vegetarian selection on the menu. The food was fantastic, the flavours were really vibrant, the green and red curries were hot but not ridiculously so, the Pad Thai (I stole some of my son's) was the best I have ever tasted. The restaurant is small and informal, the staff are friendly and attentive, the portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. Highly recommended if you can get a table.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by our Airbnb host. It didn’t disappoint! The restaurant is small and quaint. Service was prompt and friendly. The dishes were very tasty and generous portions. Many locals actually frequent this place.