1,276 results
All reviewshonesty barjacuzzi bathvan gogh museumquiet streethonor barmuseum districtexecutive roomgreat boutiquehigh end shoppingdesigner shopsseafood barmajor museumsnespresso machineshopping streetairport bussister hotelsmall hotel
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here through "voyage privee" website (worth a visit).

After reading reviews on here I emailed in advance and asked not to be placed in the basement. I got a reply aiming to fulfill my request, which they did. On reflection, I would repeat this again if I was staying again, but I would also ask to avoid the two rooms next to the elevator on the ground floor as I would imagine these would be very noisy.

This hotel is ideally located. Literally 3 minutes walk from the bus and tram stops - (bus 197 from Schipol only €4 each), 4 minutes from Rijksmuseum, and less for Van Gogh museum.

In addition, the room was fine, not big, but big enough for the amount of time you spend there when you're on a citybreak. The whirlpool bath was lovely, and deep too, so brilliant for soaking aching leg muscles after walking for hours while watching the waterproof TV!!

Staff were helpful and friendly, breakfast was lovely and the overall ambience was of quality.

Negative points which are overall minor, but worth mentioning; the room door "alarms" for a few seconds when you open it, I assume so that you don't shut it without removing the key card, but this is quite annoying if you're earlier to bed than your neighbours! The rooms themselves are quite well sound insulated from each other, but any activity in the hallway is very clearly heard.

Overall, very pleased with the hotel, and staff and would return there quite happily! And the coffe machine in the room? Brilliant - buying my own this weekend!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calum M
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located in the museum district on on a quiet tree lined street. You are close to everything without being in the center of everything. The staff are wonderful and made great recommendations. The rooms are not huge but you can move around in them. The bed was a good size and comfortable. The decor is modern and the bathroom fixtures are sleek and modern as well. Our bathroom had a great tub which we didn't get to use but was a great feature. The room is also well air conditioned, which is a big plus for us when it's hot, which it was! My only critique is that the toilet was not spotless when we got there, and I'm VERY picky about that! Aside from that, this is a great place to stay while in Amsterdam, and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Perfect location (steps from the museums and night life scene), beautiful spacious rooms, chic and quality design.

We truly enjoyed our stay, hotel met all expectations.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We selected this hotel because of its admittedly excellent location...just steps from the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum. However, the "basic" room they gave us was (A) in the basement and (B) next to the elevator. We complained and got a room on a higher floor, but still next to the elevator.

The room was okay...very trendy color schemes, good shower and towels. There is a self service bar and breakfast area in the lobby. However, the room cost us around $350 a night and was nowhere near worth that kind of money. It was a nice $175 room, but at twice the price.

Plus...tabletops and nightstand surfaces were dusty. The room was not well cleaned.

My suggestion: shop around more than I did. If you have $350 a night to spend, there are much more luxurious hotels in the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerryftm
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Rooms are quite comfortable and clean, but not capacious, at €160 (US $205) a double when we stayed. Rooms have capsule espresso machines as well as the other usual conveniences, while there is an honor system bar in the lobby. A rare must-try-it-once feature: TVs in the baths.

Front desk is lovely here, alway cheerful, even when we asked for 9 wifi codes for various appliances. Vespas and bikes for rent if you need them during your stay. But no gym, and the small foyer on each floor means room doors are close together, so you will hear other guests in the hallway if they come in late and rowdy or clunk their suitcases around during an early departure.

"JL" is for Jan Luijkenstraat, very well located for Amsterdam's major museums and an easy walk to Vondelpark and several decent restaurants, including Bakkerswinkel for a good breakfast option outside the hotel. It's a good kilometer or more, however, from the city center and other Amsterdam attractions and meetings.

We found the double a reasonable value for this city, while the triple room was overpriced for three, considering it is in the windowless basement and two of the beds are bunks in an alcove. Comfortable bunk beds, but bunk beds nevertheless.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family