WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #32 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Paris, France
“Nice boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

JL 76 is a very nice boutique hotel (approx. 50 rooms) in the museum district of Amsterdam, therefore not in the busy center, but not far (walking distance or tramway).

The only problem we had was that the room that was given to us in the first place was basically ..in the basement. Therefore : only a small window at the ground level, with no view, impossible to see the sky. We were very unhappy and asked to have another room. The staff felt sorry for us, but couldn't do anything as the hotel was fully booked. However, the promised to give us another room the day after for our 2nd night. We just had to pack our luggage and leave it in the room in the morning, it would be transferred by them to our new room. Which was done: we had a room on the highest floor and even had a free bottle of white wine with a handwritten apology note.

For me, service is the most precious point in luxury, and the way they dealt with all this was perfect.

Otherwise, the hotel is very nicely decorated, the bed is comfortable, the bathrooms are nice, the breakfast is very good (buffet + possibility to order a lot of other meals for free).

I just think that no hotel of that level and price should have rooms in at the -1 level...
that's why my mark is 4/5 and not 5.

Many thanks to the staff if they read this note !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheFab75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Los Altos, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I spend a very enjoyable 7 days at the JL 76 in early March. I was immediately impressed with the decor and the modern conveniences of this remodeled old building. Very cool. I booked an Executive Room (as it was all that was available). It had everything I needed for my week stay.

The room I was given was on floor 2 and faced the back of the hotel. It was very quiet and I never heard another guest during my entire stay, although I know the hotel was quite booked.
The bed and bedding were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a fantastic overhead rain shower head that really felt great. I found everything I needed as both a business traveler and a vacationer. In room safe, coffee maker, two tv's, great wifi internet.

It should noted that the staff at the JL 76 is extremely friendly and helpful. Anytime I had questions or required assistance. The front desk was more like a concierge desk. Outstanding!

Two other fantastic options with this hotel. First the honor bar. It is a small area that let's you come in and relax with a drink anytime. This was incredibly convenient with the odd hours I was keeping during this trip. This was a major plus.

Also, the small restaurant made the most incredible pancakes (and other items) in the morning. Lots of different options, my favorite were the banana pancakes! The food was top notch. I didn't try for any other meals but ate a wonderful breakfast here every morning I stayed. Look for packages that include breakfast for additional savings.

Overall, I'm going back to the JL 76. In fact, I have a trip booked next month (April) and I'm staying another week at this fantastic home away from home in Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Phil_S_Los_Altos
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Very friendly and competent staff, beautiful room, comfy bed, thoroughly enjoyed the bathtub with tv!
The only reason I am not giving an excellent is that one of the 3 nights there was no hot water.
Will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HildeSaoPaulo
Morecambe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this easily accesible hotel. If you like small intimate & out of the hustle but within easy walking distance of all attractions this is for you.Used Avios points which made this very affordable with excellent breakfasts.
Bus no 197 takes you close to the hotel from the airport & @ 8euros for 2 is far cheaper than the hotel shuttle bus or a taxi just ask @ info desk @ Schipnol they are very helpful.
Beds are extremely comfortable & although room 102 was small it was very functional with flat screen TV ,Nespresso coffee & selection of premium tea
Vondel park & Van Gogh museum on the door step together with designer shops.Staff very helpful if you need any info or refills for room

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank greggles16
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

1- I request to stay in good view room but my room was at -1 floor!!! and no view!!!

2- I made my reservation early but when i check out hotel tries to take regular price which is 40 euro different than my reservation!!!

3- We want to rent hotel bike; first day we asked price to the reception boy and decided to postpone. second day we still want to try and asked the price again but it was %50 above than the previous day!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Cihat173
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

We found this hotel via i-escapes website and liked the look of it as was near museums and good transport links back into main central part of Amsterdam. The room was lovely - with a view out to the street, tv in bathroom, comfortable bed.. couldn't fault it. Service was very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were great with lots of different options to have. The hotel was modern but comfortable and very good value. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay in the same hotel next time we visit - we only had a short trip of 2 nights booked, but keen to go back sooner rather than later. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor, overlooking street out front. It was quiet even with windows open at night. We...