1,278 results
All reviewshonesty barjacuzzi bathvan gogh museumquiet streethonor barmuseum districtexecutive roomgreat boutiquehigh end shoppingdesigner shopsseafood barmajor museumsnespresso machineshopping streetairport bussister hotelsmall hotel
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Romantic stay here with my husband. Great hotel, but room a bit small, breakfast wasn't great as they neglected to show us a menu, and we never saw anyone the whole time we were eating, so we were unaware we could order hot food til our second day. Also, our bed was 2 singles pushed together. But nice hotel, decent staff and the bath with a tv is great! location was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

First impressions were great,interesting art , warm feelingand very friendly helpful staff. We were a little alarmed to have a ground floor room beside the lift but in fact we never heard the lift though occasionally other guests were a bit noisy. No traffic noise at the back though.
Space was a little tight in the room though this is generally the case in Amsterdam hotels but it had everything you would want and was very clean. Nice decor.
Breakfast was excellent one day with lovely fruit salad and delicious little croissant though the next day we were disappointed both to find only 2 tired apples as the fresh fruit and definitely inferior croissant. Good selection which can be ordered from the menu as well as the buffet. Nice dining area.
The standout thing about this hotel is the staff. Helpful, humorous and they really do the extra mile to assist.
Travel tip. Don't order the airport shuttle! Didn't turn up after 50 mins and innumerable calls from the desk.The train is excellent but if you have heavy luggage take a taxi. Came within minutes and only cost a few Euros more than the shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Spent three nights in this boutique hotel and wouldn't mind staying longer if we didn't have to visit another city, Amsterdam...in spite of the rain in early October was a lot of fun. Taxis are a hassel. From Schippol Airport, it is reachable by bus 4.60 Euro and get off by Rijksmuseum, a 3 minute walk. The hotel is also minutes away from PC Hoofstraat which is a chic shopping area. Also a 5 minute walk to the tram. Rooms are small but very efficient and clean. Breakfast is quite good but expensive for 19 euros. There's a lot of choices nearby for half. Friendly staff, convenient location, efficient hotel- so worth it !!!

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank flippywebsurfer
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I just spent two nights at this new hotel. I am a regular client of Vondel Hotels and was pleasantly surprised by this third property. Location is GREAT , near enough to all the action but away from the hordes of tourists and backpackers. The rooms are clean, beds very comfortable although some aspects of the room were a bit quirky. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would be coming back for sure. I like ALL the Vondel hotels and thus it's hard to choose a favorite among the three.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2011

THE area to be in: museum and fancy shopping district, yet quiet and with a real neighborhood feel.
Arriving at the hotel I thought 'great, that was the right choice'. Nice building, homey feel good bar area and a friendly welcome.
But bad luck, my room was in the basement. -1. Or a room with a special view: legs of passers by. Despite being a shoe fetichist I didn't enjoy this, feeling locked away. In addition it was a bit noisy due to the door of the public? loos right across the corridor.
Certainly a very nice hotel, but make sure you get a room on the upper floors. For one night, arriving late and leaving early, I survived, but had I been there for a weekend and some time off, I would have been seriously annoyed.

• Stayed: October 2011