1,277 results
All reviewshonesty barjacuzzi bathvan gogh museumquiet streethonor barmuseum districtexecutive roomgreat boutiquehigh end shoppingdesigner shopsseafood barmajor museumsnespresso machineshopping streetairport bussister hotelsmall hotel
Reviewed October 13, 2011

THE area to be in: museum and fancy shopping district, yet quiet and with a real neighborhood feel.
Arriving at the hotel I thought 'great, that was the right choice'. Nice building, homey feel good bar area and a friendly welcome.
But bad luck, my room was in the basement. -1. Or a room with a special view: legs of passers by. Despite being a shoe fetichist I didn't enjoy this, feeling locked away. In addition it was a bit noisy due to the door of the public? loos right across the corridor.
Certainly a very nice hotel, but make sure you get a room on the upper floors. For one night, arriving late and leaving early, I survived, but had I been there for a weekend and some time off, I would have been seriously annoyed.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Suessmaul
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Great location, within walking distance from main spots. Totally quiet area. Not big but cozy and very comfortable room with very large windows. Beds cold be stiffer. Quiet hotel could almost hear no noise at night which is quite a valuable factor in Amsterdam... Friendly staff, with a special mention to Andre. Prices varied along the four days ranging from affordable 125€ to overpriced 220€... Will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank epicedu
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was the last hotel of our 3 week and some vacation in Europe. I wanted it to end on a high note, so I took the best room category available (room 201) in this ``Boutique Hotel``. Disappointment.

I am not sure when this hotel opened but it doesn't seem to be a fully oiled machine. For example, on check in, the front desk person seems more interested in getting us processed than anything else (and there was no line up). No info on hotel, what's included or not (I had to ask). No map. She gave us only one key, I had to ask for a second. One other time I asked the person at the reception what was the best way to get to the Airport he had no clue. Eventually another member of the staff helped but I would expect even a junior person to be able to help (or find) this basic info.

The room: was clearly made to look design hotel. But I had quite a few issues with it. First: it wasn't small as such but all the furniture was suffocating the room. We had one armchair too many. One would have been a lot better, instead of the second one blocking access to the balcony. The room didn't have any airy (let's not even talk minimalistic) feel. And speaking of balcony: quite uninviting. Wooden camping-like small chairs.

The bathroom was the perfect example of ```smells like a boutique hotel, but isn't one``. The shower looked neat, with an interesting only half door covering the shower. Interesting. Until you start taking the shower and the water gets in the bathroom. There is no slope so it just stays there until you wipe it. Worse: there was no tablet to put the soap and the shampoo. There was a metallic arm sticking out of the wall, so I thought they were supposed to have those two in one soap/shampoo bottles and just forgot to put one. But it wasn't put on day two wither. So you really had to put all the things you need either on the floor or on the bath, one meter away. It really made no sense! And next to this you had an awesome feature like TV on the wall of the bathtub. Neat but honestly I would have preferred that they make the room functional instead of adding features.
Bed? Real King size for once, rare in Europe. But only so so comfort. And the linens felt really cheap.
It was too expensive. I paid an average of 195 Euro per night (One night at 150 euro and the other at 24o euro!) , no including breakfast.

The area is quiet, but having stayed twice in the Museum neighborhood, I can tell you that it's a bit far off from most everything and a solid 40 min walk to the interesting areas, once you're done with the museums. Not a whole lot of interesting eateries or cafés around.

All in all: Not all bad, beautiful hotel, but I don't recommend the place, and certainly won't return.

Room Tip: Take a basic room, don't pay extra
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank spartac
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Hotel is very modern, room was excellent - very spaciuous with huge bathroom and shower.. Very clean. Conceptually, a business hotel, in form and substance, a manifestation of the mavelous European sense of style and beauty.
It was a very good value for money and I would recommend it.
The Friendliness and Helpfulness of the staff is amazing and atention to detail is remarkable.
I work in hotel management and I really find what every Yeld manager have to do..
Good work guys!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at Hotel JL No76 for 4 nights. We liked the hotel's location in the museum district. From Schiphol airport you can take the number 197 bus which stops just 2 blocks from the hotel. We found this easier than taking the train to Amsterdam Centraal and changing to tram from there. Getting from the hotel to the centre is a nice 10 minute walk or just a few minutes tram ride. In the neighbourhood there are some nice restaurants and shops so everything you need is basically within walking distance.

Our executive room was on the 4th (top floor). There were some quirky things about the room that were more boutique design than practical. For example, the bathroom didn't have sinks. Instead, the sinks were located in the room right next to the bathroom and room door. Although slightly inpractical, this didn't bother us too much. The bathroom was otherwise excellent with a luxurious jacuzzi bathtub with a TV and a spacious shower.

The hotel being practically brand new, everything was sparkling clean and fresh. The room had a Nespresso machine and we enjoyed the chance to have a nice cup of coffee in the room. A nice touch was also the honesty bar in the downstairs lobby where you could help yourself to some drinks.

The breakfast was fantastic, the buffet catered for every basic need and there was also à la carte list for extras, such as delicious pancakes. We also ate one evening at the hotel, the food was quite basic but worth the price.

One nice thing was also that tickets to the museums could be bought from the hotel, which saved us a quite a lot of time that would have been otherwise spent queuing outside the museums.

The service was excellent and staff were always cheerful and happy to answer any questions we had. Overall, Hotel JL no76 is a nice luxury boutique hotel with great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple