1,298 results
All reviews honesty bar jacuzzi bath van gogh museum quiet street honor bar museum district designer shops executive room great boutique high end shopping seafood bar major museums nespresso machine shopping street sister hotel airport bus small hotel
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at Hotel JL No76 for 4 nights. We liked the hotel's location in the museum district. From Schiphol airport you can take the number 197 bus which stops just 2 blocks from the hotel. We found this easier than taking the train to Amsterdam Centraal and changing to tram from there. Getting from the hotel to the centre is a nice 10 minute walk or just a few minutes tram ride. In the neighbourhood there are some nice restaurants and shops so everything you need is basically within walking distance.

Our executive room was on the 4th (top floor). There were some quirky things about the room that were more boutique design than practical. For example, the bathroom didn't have sinks. Instead, the sinks were located in the room right next to the bathroom and room door. Although slightly inpractical, this didn't bother us too much. The bathroom was otherwise excellent with a luxurious jacuzzi bathtub with a TV and a spacious shower.

The hotel being practically brand new, everything was sparkling clean and fresh. The room had a Nespresso machine and we enjoyed the chance to have a nice cup of coffee in the room. A nice touch was also the honesty bar in the downstairs lobby where you could help yourself to some drinks.

The breakfast was fantastic, the buffet catered for every basic need and there was also à la carte list for extras, such as delicious pancakes. We also ate one evening at the hotel, the food was quite basic but worth the price.

One nice thing was also that tickets to the museums could be bought from the hotel, which saved us a quite a lot of time that would have been otherwise spent queuing outside the museums.

The service was excellent and staff were always cheerful and happy to answer any questions we had. Overall, Hotel JL no76 is a nice luxury boutique hotel with great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tervol1
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I am currently staying in this hotel and yes... I have had some issues with my room but I have had my room swapped and I will take these issues up with the manager. However this was a matter of bad luck (sort of) and I don't want to take away from what a lovely hotel this is.

First of all the area - well it is saying something when you walk out of the hotel and you can see the Louis Vuitton sign sparkling on the street adjacent. This is Amsterdam and its most upmarket with the most expensive shopping street in the city at your door. The street which is home to the hotel is on a small tree lined road parallel to the fashion district and is peaceful and pretty.

When you arrive at the hotel it has that "boutique" feel you expect. Classy, kitsch and dressed with persian rugs and quirky contemporary art. In the reception is also the "honesty bar" - a not so mini mini bar for all guests to use, take what you want and write it down on a card which you then leave at reception to be billed for later.

Now - the rooms. I stayed in the executive room. I walked in and my initially though was "wow." Now I am a 25 year old solo traveller but I have stayed in some nice hotels across europe but I think this is my favourite. Clean, cool grey on the walls, simple and functional storage with plenty of room and a grand double bed with coco-matt mattress which really has that "jump in" allure. And then what every boy loves - GADGETS. A jacuzzi bath, build in high definition TV at the foot of the tub so you can catch up on CNN while the bubbles ease your tired legs. A nespresso machine to begin your day with a shot of caffeine and the best bit is everything works. I have stayed in endless hotels with gadgets galore but you turn the TV on and are met with a snowstorm. There are several english channels to choose from and the picture is crystal clear both in the bathroom and the widescreen in the main bedroom.

To finish this review I would like to commend the hotel staff. The service is no doubt excellent and this is always best tested when you have a complaint. The issues with my room were dealt with superbly - there is a lesson to be learnt from many hotels by the way I was death with today. It makes such a difference when someone shows some understanding when you explain you have had a rough night.

This hotel is perfectly placed and perfectly appointed. It makes your trip feel special and I would thoroughly recommend you stay here.

Room Tip: avoid basement rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank nadeemcrowe
Reviewed July 21, 2011

nespresso coffee maker in room very good , jacuzzi bath great for relax tv in bathroom , and big comfy bed , room was a little on small side but luxury makes up for that ,would stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights recently, very friendly staff, top location, nice building, tastefully decorated rooms and loved all te art in the hotel. Hotel is brand new and feels like home with the honesty bar concept. Will be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JDinThailand
Reviewed July 7, 2011

It was my first trip to Amsterdam and stayed 5 nights in hotel as a leisure traveller. As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel is ideally positioned to access the museums ( Rijks and Vincent Van Gogh), Vongel park, fashion street and restaurants. So there are heaps of activities to do around the area.

Room is spaciously designed with contemporary art deco and great amenities. Among the list of likes, what stood out the most was the bed . Having slept in different hotel beds during business and leisure, it is one of the most comfortable beds that is hard to jump out each morning. Free high speed wireless internet was another perk.

Breakfast spread is a standard American breakfast spread + hot items like eggs and pancakes. I recommend having the flour-less banana pancakes as they were a real perk to my mornings. The lounge/breakfast area that shares the honesty bar is a great concept for guests to access to coffee/tea services and other beverages throughout the day.

Staffs are really friendly, down to earth and personalized without over the top formalities which is always a deal-breaker for me. Big shoutout to Cindy and Susan(ne?) who helped us out on a lot on our itineraries and always readily to engage in a personalized conversation.

Tip: Ask for the free bikes from the hotel, quite an interesting experience to see the city.
Will definitely stay with them when I'm back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends