1,343 results
All reviews honesty bar jacuzzi bath van gogh museum quiet street honor bar museum district executive room great boutique designer shops high end shopping tree lined street seafood bar major museums nespresso machine airport bus shopping street sister hotel
Reviewed July 21, 2011

nespresso coffee maker in room very good , jacuzzi bath great for relax tv in bathroom , and big comfy bed , room was a little on small side but luxury makes up for that ,would stay again

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights recently, very friendly staff, top location, nice building, tastefully decorated rooms and loved all te art in the hotel. Hotel is brand new and feels like home with the honesty bar concept. Will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JDinThailand
Reviewed July 7, 2011

It was my first trip to Amsterdam and stayed 5 nights in hotel as a leisure traveller. As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel is ideally positioned to access the museums ( Rijks and Vincent Van Gogh), Vongel park, fashion street and restaurants. So there are heaps of activities to do around the area.

Room is spaciously designed with contemporary art deco and great amenities. Among the list of likes, what stood out the most was the bed . Having slept in different hotel beds during business and leisure, it is one of the most comfortable beds that is hard to jump out each morning. Free high speed wireless internet was another perk.

Breakfast spread is a standard American breakfast spread + hot items like eggs and pancakes. I recommend having the flour-less banana pancakes as they were a real perk to my mornings. The lounge/breakfast area that shares the honesty bar is a great concept for guests to access to coffee/tea services and other beverages throughout the day.

Staffs are really friendly, down to earth and personalized without over the top formalities which is always a deal-breaker for me. Big shoutout to Cindy and Susan(ne?) who helped us out on a lot on our itineraries and always readily to engage in a personalized conversation.

Tip: Ask for the free bikes from the hotel, quite an interesting experience to see the city.
Will definitely stay with them when I'm back again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Ethanlwx
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Living in Atlanta, USA and originally from Amsterdam; I decided to celebrate my birthday back in Amsterdam. With many of my fiends from US, Asia and Europe we all stayed in Hotel JL. First and foremost, the hotel is located in just a perfect spot, close to the Vondelpark (love my morning run), Amsterdam's version of Rodeo Drive is literally around the corner and the museums are around the other corner. Some of my friends being first timers to Amsterdam were absolutely falling in love with this neighborhood, also because it's less than 10 min walk to the Leidseplein and canal area. The hotel itself has a cool, contemporary elegance and feels very welcoming and relaxed. Some of my guests being frequent travelers said they would on their next visit to Amsterdam skip the big brand hotels and stay in Hotel JL. I personally think that the staff is really making all the difference in the world and one small example is: when we returned from a biking tour (on the hotel bikes) showing windmills, canals and all that: when we were parking all the bikes on our return at the hotel. The receptionist, her name was Cindy, came out with a tray of glasses with ice water for everyone. I was gobsmacked. A small gesture with a great impact. A throughout our stay the staff was making all guests feel at home. A great example of a boutique hotel with that sincere personal touch often difficult to find at the big brand hotels. Can't wait to come back to Amsterdam again!

4  Thank Joslovestotravel
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The hotel is located in a sleepy part of the city near all the museums but close enough to the action if you want to see the city nightlife. The staff was amazing and the hotel was very clean and modern. The rooms were standard for Europe (small) but very well decorated. The bathroom was very cool and spacious. We will stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple