“Excellent food and nice evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Buddha Amsterdam - CLOSED

Little Buddha Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, International
Description: The cuisine at Little Buddha is an eclectic mix of dishes of pacific-ream inspiration. Food lovers can expect the unexpected when the Little Buddha chefs mix Asian fusion as Far East Asia with an emphasis on Japan, China and Thailand seasoned with a ?soup��on? of French Flair twist resulting in a delectable and innovative menu.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food and nice evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a warm and nice evening last Saturday, the place was packed, food was very original and tasty. I recommend strongly this restaurant to enjoy a good evening in Amsterdam. I don't understand the past negativ review, something has been changes positively!

• Visited February 2014

Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Buddy awful ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Little Buddha was my worst experience of dining in Amsterdam. I booked, and had confirmed, table for six for 9pm New Years eve months in advance. A short while before New Years I received a rather curt email saying that there was a set menu only and that I could have a table between 7-7:30pm. No apology or explanation for the change. I kept the booking as it was getting too late to make new plans.

On arrival we did not receive a warm welcome - in fact we had to queue to get in and were asked to wait while they saw to other guests. We were almost ordered to leave out coats/jackets in the cloakroom - even though one of our party wanted to keep her jacket on.

The staff seemed inexperienced and unable to cope with a busy night. I had a leg injury and was using crutches. The hostess asked me to go with her to use the lift and my guests to use the stairs - but the lift was unusable as it was blocked with industrial type ladders and metal sheeting.

What struck me most was the absolute lack of atmosphere - decor was more seedy brothel than 'Oriental Moulin Rouge' (which I think is the look they're aiming for) and the music just wasn't right for the time of evening and dining experience. They were playing very loud late night dance (and I mean the garage type, not ballroom) music at 7:30 am. So no good for young OR old.

Everything about the evening was poor - from the service (three hours to serve us 4 courses three of which were cold pre-prepared dishes) and food which was mediocre from an ill-matched menu to the music and bored looking, zombie like podium dancers (I've seen sexier on a fishmongers slab). Portion sizes were mean and illogical eg two tiny bowls of rice and four finger sized pieces of sea bass between six people, when I asked if there were two more pieces to come I was told that 'I was lucky' that we had 'by mistake' been given portions intended for a party of nine! We left before desert or finishing our wine - and went elsewhere. I would recommend giving this place a wide birth - they don't deserve your custom or hard earned cash.

• Visited December 2013
Duisburg, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“this is not service, this is a horror”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

we went with a group of 13 persons to this lounge to drink something before we go in a dance bar. so we arrived and did not got a reservation.. it was our mistake, okay.. but nobody offered
us to help with a table. the local was almost
empty, so we put some tables
and chairs together for us.. then the service came and we ordered 3 bottles of sparkling wine.. she came back after almost 10
minutes and told me, that she dont has sparkling wine. she even didnt gave me any option expect the champagner.. then i told her, we can also go from
here, if you dont want us, and then she said: "yes, you can do that".. so we stand up and went with 13 persons without getting a drink... puhh.. what a worse place...

Copenhagen, Denmark
“I wouldn't go there again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The sliders that we had were undercooked (raw in the middle). The sushi was so so. The service wasn't so good. Took forever just to get a teaspoon. My friend and I went there for high tea and when we asked for sugar it took forever to get it plus it was too little.

I have nothing bad to say about the interior of the place. It's a very beautiful establishment, it's just a shame that the service isn't anything to call home about and that the food wasn't up to my satisfaction.

• Visited November 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Be prepared to wait...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The food is ok, but the service is soooooo slow! It is right next to the movie theater so we wanted to grab a quick bite, but we overestimated the time it would take for us to have a dinner there. Just plan ahead