“relaxing breakfast break”

Banketbakkerij Lanskroon
Ranked #4 of 30 Bakeries in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Local bakery and tearoom located in the city centreof Amsterdam. All our pastries are home made and baked fresh morning. We're famous for our special stroopwafel and make ice cream from april to the end of august.
Barry, United Kingdom
“relaxing breakfast break”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

found this small cafe by chance on last morning in Amsterdam. Had crossants jam and coffee for breakfast. Very cosy place staff are very friendly ok with english. two nice cats keep you company while eating recommended for morning chillout.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
“Cozy place”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Really nice and cozy place, we've been there and it was fooled, we wait for available chair to sit. The wafers are amazing, they are handmade, I spoke with nice miss there and she told me it is four generation bakery, and the bakery is at the basement. I ate 3 different cakes and they were lovely. I bought handmade wafers to take home..... You will enjoy there.

Brussels, Belgium
“average - maybe I was expecting too much?”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having read all the glowing reviews about their amazing stroopwafels and all the forum threads about how this is a must, I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. Although I am sure they must use better ingredients than those in the store bought stroopwafels, I found that I like the latter better; much, much better. I went in thinking I would probably devour 1-2 on the spot, and take a pile home with me. Instead, I had less than 1/2, then found that it was way too greasy and heavy. I have a raging sweet tooth and have been looking forward to these for a while, but found that they were not that interesting tasting at all (I tried the honey kind), and did not take any to go. Service was just average - not particularly attentive and there is no bathroom.
The location is central and picturesque, and I might stop by again, but would probably try their apple pie, which looked more appetizing than the stroopwafels.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank giulietta429
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cosy pattiserie with a Dutch flavor...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This café it is one of my favorites in Amsterdam. It´s really small, so it´s possible that it is full when you decide to go..., but worth it.
The cakes are amazing!!!! The coffee is excelent and the best they have are two cats that are really friendly... You can share with them an afternoon meanwhile you read a book watching the nice view of the canals outside, in sommer or winter!
The only thing... is only open until 5.00 or 5.30 pm.

• Visited December 2012
Beijing, China
“Lovely home-baked cakes and cookies”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Lamskroon is a coffeeshop/tearoom. The Germans would presumably call it a conditorei, the French might call it a pattiserie.
I had a coffee and apple pie for breakfast - delicious. Unfortunately, it was too early for hot stroopwafels.
A few tables, papers to read (Dutch only, I believe) and a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere.
It is on the edge of the 9 straatjes, a very interesting shopping area.
Worth a visit.