“Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pizzeria La Piazza
Ranked #2,934 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centrum
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

A lovely little place just at the side of the Royal Palace. We sat upstairs, staff were friendly and efficient. I had a mushroom pizza, which was delicious (E9.50) & my partner had Spaghetti Bolognese (E11). We shared a litre of red wine which was E18. Would return & recommend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I ate lunch in this restourant.Completely Italian cuisine. Taste of food is not bad. But i am not very impressed. I like special vegetable soup .i should go there one . Classic , ordinary restaurant . love it.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid like a plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I broke my number one rule while travelling. I gave into hunger and went into what looked like a cosy restaurant. The price looked reasonable. However the food was appalling, I wish I could give it no stars. The garlic bread had a piece of cheese on it. Really!? My calamari and chips were huge, but the only taste I could discern was the salad. The chips tasted like cardboard, the battered calamari tasted like circular cardboard. If you blindfold me I would not be able to tell you what the dish was. I absolutely hate wasting food, but could only eat half of it. I tried my partner's seafood spaghetti, and honestly ? I made much better pasta. At least I knew what al dente meant. The spaghetti was boiled to death and covered in a bland tomato sauce. It really spoiled my evening. I just wish I checked tripadvisor before I entered.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Don't go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

After having a few nice beers in the area my colleagues and naturally started to feel hungry. Nearby, this place or a couple of Steakhouses. We decided to toss a coin. Unfortunately this place won.

Dreadful rushed meal. A tourist trap. Eaten some good and bad italian but this is the worst. Since when is bruschetta a bap sliced in two with a piece of tomato on top.

Like a previous review our mains (fresh from the microwave no doubt) came before we finished our starter but we just wanted out.

Waiters arrogant.

Avoid, there are much better places in this city.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Minestrone don't make laugh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I happened upon this restaurant on our first night in Amsterdam. Big mistake for starter I ordered minestrone soup. Horrible watery gruel, no sign of tomatoes or pasta or basil which a good minestrone should have. Main course pizza was just OK although my wife thought it had too much cheese. Wine was poor quality poured from a large container into carafe. Absolute worst house white I have ever tasted. If you like Italian food avoid this place at all costs. Also didn't like the idea of a cat wandering freely around the restaurant. I don't think any of the staff have ever been to Italy. Used trip advisor the next two nights and had two fantastic meals. Be warned.