“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights found the staff to be very nice and our room was a good size and clean. We did find the room warm at night which made sleeping a little tough. Located 15 minutes from the museum area so a short walk and your right in middle of a great area of Amsterdam. Not much for cafés right by the hotel so we didn't find a close place for breakfast and we won't pay 25 euros for the hotel breakfast. Did get charged 6 euros for a phone call so didn't like that but they never billed me for 3 days of Wifi so it worked out OK.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Andy_G11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights between July 11 and 13. It's a nice, clean and quiet place located in the upscale neighborhood, close to the tram line which brings you to the center of the city. I haven't had my breakfast at the hotel, however there plenty of small hotel and bakeries in the area, so someone can have a breakfast a bit less expensive than in the hotel.

There is also a beautiful park called Vondelpark in about 5 minutes walk from the hotel and I highly recommend to visit it during the warmer months. I think I will try to stay at the same place the next time I am in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: I guess any room is pretty good, it has decent square footage and normal size bathroom ( like we use...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July 2014. It was quickly apparent that it was not a 5 star hotel, as marketed. I found mice in my room! I expected the staff to be shocked, however they advised that they had known for a few weeks, and they "all hotels in Amsterdam have mice". The staff did not apologize, allow for any refund on the room or accommodate me at all. Overall was very unhappy with the service of this hotel. On a side note - it's also the only place that charges for wifi in Amsterdam.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
3 Thank NMAP22
EdJongen, General Manager at Bilderberg Garden Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all I would like to apologize that you have had an unfortunate experience with the staff during your stay. The remark of the staff member on the incident was inappropriate as well as the fact that you were not informed that we feature free wifi in our lobby/lounge and on the executive floor. I would like to discuss and solve this unfortunate matter directly with you and would appreciate if you could mail me your contact numbers/email address. Please contact me directly at ejongen@bilderberg.nl
Thank you for taking the time to do so.
Kind regards, Ed Jongen General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend recently stayed in this hotel, we were impressed at how clean and nicely decorated the establishment was. Although, the €50 per night 'deposit' charge disappointed us slightly as I have never experienced that before and felt it was slightly unnecessary.
The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating.
We did not feel that the food supplied in the hotel lounge was worth the money we paid for it. There was only ever one bar tender who worked on the bar, who often disappeared leaving us waiting for assistance.
Overall pleasant stay but would most likely not return.

Stayed July 2014
Kolding, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We enjoyed a short break in Amsterdam. Bilderberg Garden Hotel is a nice hotel in very nice surroundings and convenient tram connection to city center (or 30 minutes nice walk). But hotels have to wake up to the information age and offer free and fast wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the end of February with my parter and 10 other friends. The hotel is fantastically operated, nice smart decor, great lobby bar etc.

It is out of the way if you're looking for a busier short stay, but central amsterdam is only a few tram stops away.

It's more of a business/conference hotel, however there is a good vibe, cleaners do a great job and overall experience is great. Would recommend if you're looking for a quiet hotel out of the way.

Stayed February 2014
mill valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The hotel itself is lovely, with spacious and comfortable rooms. The one complaint I have is the location. It's a bit isolated, relative to the city centre.
The staff are lovely, and the food was fine, based on my experience with room service.

• Stayed June 2014