“Nice, friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #90 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Nice, friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My partner and I stayed from 1/1/2014 to 4/1/2014 and cannot fault the hotel itself. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable and the bathroom was also very clean.. Wasn't far from Rembrandt square or Dam Square probably about 10 mins on the tram, and the tram stop is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Only flaw was the customer service when it came to making a complaint, our room wasn't cleaned when we had asked for it to be and when my partner complained we were offered a free drink each, he told them this wasn't good enough so we were offered 2 breakfast vouchers aswell, however when we went to order our complimentary drinks we were then told that we couldn't have them as well as the breakfast which in my eyes is not great customer service! Aside from that hiccup I can't complain about this hotel and would recommend and visit it again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebany b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I wasn't overly impressed with this hotel. Average is the best word to describe it. I'm not a big fan of writing negative reviews of things as I try to find the positives in everything so here they are: The staff were very friendly and helpful, the end. It does not deserve 5* quality in my opinion even though my wife tried explaining to me why it has it. I personally couldn't see it as the room was nothing to write home about and nothing stood out to me as luxury quality apart from the appearance of the staff. It is in a quiet area as it is far away from the city proper so if you are looking for a escape from the hustle and bustle of the city centre then this is the hotel for you. I feel very "meh" writing this review but I thought it best to share my apathy for this establishment but please feel free to pay for the privilege of making up your own minds :)

Room Tip: The standard rooms do not have free wi-fi.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Sachael_Ram
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We've been there for a couple of days and the stuff had helped us with all we needed, everything we looked for was near, our friends visited us and we were satisfied. Breakfast was good. And the Portier was very friendly. Nice room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

From outside, it looks like a motel. To make a matter worse, it is located in an area far far away from the attractions. Do not have a bit of luxury feeling stay inside. Have absolutely no idea how it gets five stars. Any recommendation? one word: RUN.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank Hzhou
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our introduction to this quiet, attractive hotel in a lovely area of Amsterdam epitomized our entire stay there. The concierge and desk staff were friendly and attentive, making us feel immediately at home. The breakfast was sumptuous - we especially enjoyed the thick crusted brown bread that was often warm, and local cheeses - and the room was very comfortable and had a lovely view of brick houses out of a Dutch genre painting. Our contacts with the staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. We were able to walk to the museums, and the tram stop to the center was close by. After a busy day we enjoyed drinks by a fire in the lounge. Because it was our anniversary, my husband asked the concierge where he might buy flowers; later, we were surprised to find a bottle of champagne chilling in a bucket in our room. We were sorry to leave and vowed to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Went to Amsterdam for a 2 day break to see the christmas market and lights. Lovely hotel, very clean and in a quiet location. Rooms were spacious with the comfiest bed I have ever slept in in a hotel. We used the trams to get about, there is a tram stop 5 minutes from the hotel and it takes just minutes by tram to the museums and 10 minutes to the centre of the city. Get your 48hour tram ticket from reception. We never used the hotel restaurant for breakfast as quite expensive but loads of places to eat in the city. You can hire bikes from the hotel but we didn't have time maybe next visit. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheMcDonaldsHouse
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

..the first room had a broken A/C. The staff had us switch rooms without hassle, which was very nice of them. The service is great and staff is friendly. The room was pretty big and had everything you needed and the housekeeping was discreet and great. They even gave us apples, yum!

But, something that has been bothering me for a while now is how the big hotels, the luxurious ones, are the most greedy ones as well. 1-3 star hotels always provides free wifi (and believe me, I've stayed at my share of low-star hotels), 4+ never does. Bilderberg charge €3 for 60 mins and have plans for 12 and 24 hour as well. This charge is per device.

Wifi should be included, it is such a low-cost thing and means so much for tourists. We went to a local café instead, which brings me to my second point:

Low-star hotels almost always provides a free breakfast. It might not be fancy or diverse, but at least they show some effort. Bilderberg charge ~€21 per person for breakfast. It's way too expensive.

Overall: staff and service was great and friendly, but I was disappointed when I noticed we wouldn't have any internet without paying A LOT for it.

Breakfast isn't a big deal, there are some nice cafés very close to the hotel we went to instead.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple