“Good and nice hotel for a stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

Bilderberg Garden Hotel
Ranked #93 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Antwerp, Belgium
“Good and nice hotel for a stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. After reading some 'negative' comments, I was pleased to notice the most of the comments are not too realistic.

+++: The hotel has a very helpfull staff, large room with airco (good to have in that hot weather), great location just away of 2 minute walking distance for the tram=> located in the residential area ( no noise @ night!)

- - -: maybe the prices for drinks @ hotelbar, it's cheaper to go for a drink in the city.

It's a 5 star-hotel? yes and no, the hotel feels very modern and has no high luxury equipment. But the details made your stay comfortable (every night turndown-service, coffee-tea on the room, great breakfast, bellboy,..)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Because my 89 year old mother needs a "walk in shower" we were advised to book an executive room, about $35 more per night than a regular room. I had also asked for 2 seperate beds. When we arrived, there were no seperate beds, we were told there are no rooms with shower and sperate beds, different from what I was told on the phone!!! They solved the problem by giving me my own room, which was a nice gesture. My mom could never use the shower, it was a huge step to get in and no support what so ever, waste of extra $ 35 per night, and how uncomfortable since her "climate control" also didn't work, a problem that other guests had too, we found out! We asked for the $35 per night back but they told us we already received an extra room ( we didn't ask for..., their solution). Apparently there are no facilites for handicapped or older people! My advise is, go next door to The Hilton, especially when you're used to airco. There were some other problems with the reservation, my sister reserved the hotel restaurant "Kersentuin" for Monday night, and received a nice email back, welcoming us, only to receive another email 3 days later, telling us the restaurant was closed. Turns out the restaurant is always closed during the peak of summer, so they knew when we made the reservation, pretty serious oversight! My sister and brother in law had booked a regular room and it was about the same size as the more expensive executive suite, the only difference.... no jaccuzi ,but...... it was nice and cool! The hotel has an gloomy outdoor area overlooking a parking lot, go across the street to The Hilton and you'll find one of the most beautiful terraces in Amsterdam, overlooking the water. I would not have written this review if they had just given us the $70 back. (not about the money, a question of princpal and service) I'm sure I'll get a "we had already given you an extra room, free of charge, very unusual" reaction. That did not make up for not being able to shower when temperatures inside and outside your room reach close to 90 degrees!!! On the postive side, all personnel was extremely friendly and helpful!
We have stayed in Bilderberg hotels many times but will not return to this one!

Room Tip: Definitely don't spend your money on an executive suite!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Bilderberg Garden Hotel for 2 nights as we visiting Amsterdam with some friends to celebrate a 30th. I managed to bag a good deal through Secret Escapes for this hotel and secured an executive room.
The hotel was a 20 minute trip on the bus from Schiphol and easy to locate after exiting from the Museumplein. I had emailed the hotel the day before to see if we could gain early access to our room and despite not getting a certain yes in my reply, when we checked in 2 out of the 3 rooms in our group managed to check in around 11 am.
The room itself was lovey, a big comfortable bed with a Samsung TV in the end with an array of channels. Good size bathroom with a jacuzzi bath (which we didn't actually use) and all the amenities one should require. A few nice touches including fresh bottles of water delivered to the room everyday as well as apples made for a nice treat. We didn't use the restaurant as we wanted to explore eateries in the city, but it was busy everyday - even if it did look to be a bit on the expensive side.
The hotel staff were very friendly, handing out maps when requested and explaining all we needed to know about the local area. The hotel is located in a lovely part of Amsterdam, 20 minutes away from the hub of the city center (Dam Square, red light district etc) on the tram. Although a nice walk through Vondelpark towards the Jordaan area makes a nice change to using public transport.
Overall, a fantastic stay and I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I managed to get a good deal through Secret Escapes for an executive room, but my friend stayed in t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chaddytheowl17
Leek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

A special 50th birthday trip was enhanced by our 3 nights in the Bilderberg. First night noise issues, sorted immediately. After that, nothing was too much of a problem for the wonderful staff.
Far enough out for the peace and quiet, near enough to the city for a pleasant stroll every morning through Vondel Park.
My only regret was not eating in the restaurant as we had our evenings planned. Next time.....

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room away from the kitchen area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed for a couple of days for business.
The impression was very bright. Room was comfortable, spacious with cosy bed. Bathroom was nice with scented oatsoaps.
It is not too close to the city centre but it takes 2 minutes to get Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum by bicycle ('m sure this is the best way to go sightseeing in Amsterdam). Bicycles could be rent right in the hotel.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. I also liked that they had a great sense of humor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for a Conference and we were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the location of the Hotel. It is in a very quiet and nice neighbourhood, which makes it convenient and pleasant. From there it is a short walk to RAI. Also there are two main tramway lines and the train station is not too far away. Overall good stay.
However, be aware of the city tax that they are going to charge on top of the overall rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for a week in bilderberg hotel , I choose to have breakfast in the hotel and paid extra for that. Room was very comfortable with attached cozy bathroom.it is very close to the city centre. But not walking. It is close to the train station ( no 5 and 24 takes 10-15 minutes to reach central station. Bar and bar attendant was excellent . Great service , friendly and helpful staff. I bought my train tickets from the hotel reception.
I wasn't quite happy with the breakfast as they served same menu with very limited choice menu.Absolutely fix menu daily. Oh god I couldn't eat same breakfast every day. Finally I decided to withdraw from breakfast though I paid in advance but they adjusted balance whilst checkout in my final bill.
Wifi was not free .perhaps you will have to pay for wifi in most of the hotels in amsterdam.

Overall it was very comfortable stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are staying here you can find few very nice shops for great breakfast at reasonable price. If...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple