Bilderberg Garden Hotel
Hotel Sander(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Cara(Amsterdam)
1,615 results
All reviewsexecutive roomresidential areatram stopcity centrenice hotelturn down servicebusiness hotelquiet locationmuseum quarterminute walkmini barcomfortable roomsper daypublic transportationcity taxdam squarecentral station
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed in Bilderberg Garden for one night after moving on from another hotel.
First of all the location is great, relatively close to the city centre while situated in a calm, higher class area with wonderfully cozy cafes nearby.

The room is modern and clean, comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. Bathrobes and apples in the room were a nice addition.

The service however was what ruined the experience entirely.
The room was paid for in advance, yet the reception rudely requested 50€ deposit (which was neither mentioned anywhere beforehand nor was it explained nor did I notice anybody else paying this).
Every other employee simply ignored us and offered their help to the customers in front and behind us instead.
We were appropriately dressed and not in any way negatively attracting attention apart from being younger than the average customers, so I find this behaviour absolutely inacceptable.

The next day however we were woken up three times starting at 7am by employees entering our room just to leave again.
Upon checking out of the hotel, I had to demand the 50€ deposit as the receptionist seemed to know nothing about it.

The price paid did not justify the room, but considering the many incidents we had with the employees it was an absolute waste of money and I would not recommend anybody to book this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DovahkiinSheogorath
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel promised much but delivered disappointment. A stratospheric price to match the 5 star rating but in reality no better than a 3 star. To charge such prices without providing free wifi is way behind the times, especially given the business clientele targeted. The executive suite had a whirlpool and this was eagerly anticipated after a tough day yet had to be switched off as soon as it went on because the motor was so noisy my partner likened it to a helicopter landing nearby. The air con matched it for disturbance so was a choice of noise against a too warm room. Location was perfect since it was a short walk to the office. I certainly would have been able to find better for less had it been up to me to book.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just spent 3 nights here, considering this is supposed to be a first class hotel I thought it poor that you are asked to pay €10 per day to use your IPad .
Surely it's time that hotels matched small/cheap cafes and offered this free.
Next time I go to Amsterdam I will look for an hotel with free wifi

Room Tip: They are pretty much the same, stayed here several times and possibly the last
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan6848
Reviewed June 9, 2013

What to say about the Bilderberg Hotel experience in Amsterdam ?
It was . . . (wait or it) . . . MAGNIFICENT !
We've been there couple of time the last 3 years with my fiancee and we're planning to go there in July.
The room, the breakfast, the bartender, everything was perfect.
The bartender also gave us all his recipe and we're using them since then.
The hotel is close to the center (10 min walking) and the walk is charming.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who want to have a great time.
Really good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Raphael C
Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you do not want to stay in the busy city centre then this hotel is ideally situated.
It is far enough away from the hustle and bustle but just a short tram journey away from it all, and the hotel is just 3 or 4 minutes walk from the tram stop itself.

The hotel is very clean and the staff are very helpful; however, I do not feel the hotel deserves a 5 star rating.
The room was very basic. In my opinion a 5 star hotel should be excellent - this hotel is good but not excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple