“What an incredible hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Hotel Notting Hill
Ranked #63 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
“What an incredible hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend, we were given a basement room which was huge! The shower was amazing and the bath was so deep, the bed was the biggest and the comfiest I have ever slept in! The staff were friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us! Would recommend this hotel to anyone who was thinking of visiting Amsterdam!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Season94
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Season94,

Thank you very much for your positive review on this website. We are pleased that you had such a great stay with us and appreciated our bed, staff and bathroom so much. We hope that we may welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Team Notting Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

When I checked in I was put in a room that was substandard and not cleaned well, in fact there were coffee stains (I hope) dripping down the front of the sink, and black marks on one of the pillows. My light switch didnt work by the bed and the TV was tiny compared to what was described in my hotels.com booking. There wasn't even bottled water in my room. When I complained the girl at the desk was INCREDIBLY rude to me, stating that I was wrong about the room not being what I booked and that she would have the room cleaned for me. The head of house keeping was incredibly nice and apologetic (The only saving grace of the situation). After fighting on the phone with the girl at the desk a few times I was told that I would have my room changed. On return to the hotel after my conference, I was delighted to get a room to the standard I would have expected for a hotel such as this, with a complimentary bottle of 'Red' Wine in the room with a written apology. This is a situation where good customer service on my first complaint could have avoided this review.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank silli_julian
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear silli_julian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website. I am terribly sorry for the bad first impression you had while staying with us. I can assure you that I will discuss this internally in order to avoid this situation from happening again in the future. I am glad that, apart from this first impression, your stay with us was a pleasant one. I hope that we may welcome you again soon.

Sven van Maanen, Hotelmanager
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a charming boutique hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Aside from the elevator breaking down several times...thankfully there are only like 4 floors, we had a comfortable stay. The location is great, within walking distance of most sites. The bathroom was very nice with nice amenities, but as with most European hotels; there is always something a bit off concerning privacy. This one had a frosted door with a clear strip of frame all around, so there was always a view inside the bathroom...one the I don't care to have. The shower was very nice, but the water would always seep beneath the glass door onto the marble floor forcing the bather to spend some time sopping up the floor after every shower.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms overlook rooftops.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear AroundAgain,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you appreciated our staff, the location and the bathroom so much. We thank you for your feedback concerning the water that seeps underneath the glass door. We will discuss this matter internally in order to solve this problem. We hope that we may welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Team Notting Hill
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel really impressed - good location with links to public transport right outside the hotel, excellent service, spacious modern rooms, good breakfast and friendly atmosphere. The location is excellent with the markets just around the corner, easy walking distance to attractions and to restaurants or if you wish, the tram stop is right outside the hotel. Amsterdam's public transport is excellent. If you arrive by car, there is a drop off point right outside the hotel and the undercover and locked parking is just around the corner (literally). Check in was very pleasant, service overall we found to be very very good - Service and friendliness being the aspect of a hotel that is remembered long after the holiday is finished. The rooms are spacious and modern. The windows are large and give a wonderful feel of openness to the room. Note the windows are unable to be opened. Breakfast was very good - wide selection of food available - buffet with option of requesting eggs etc. to your liking. There is a laundromat (to wash cloths etc.) within 100 meters of the hotel. I would stay here again if returning to Amsterdam and would not hesitate to recommend to all travellers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ray_Perth_Aus
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear rvmPerth_Australia,

Thank you for your very positive review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that you had such a great stay with us. We are proud that you appreciated all of our facilities and above all our staff so much. Since you also enjoyed Amsterdam so much, we do hope that you will visit us again soon, we are looking forward to welcoming you again. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a couple of days. Beautifully appointed and clean and most of the staff friendly and helpful. But be aware breakfast can be a bad or pleasant experience. Our first breakfast great with friendly staff and all food nicely prepared, but if Annamariek are nearby as we experienced the second day, the sausages and scramble eggs will not be edible, croissants will be burned, she will be rude to all customers and avoid any effort to provide a service. No tidy up of tables and more. The cost of breakfast very high and obvious not in line with what they provide in food and service..This attitude was some of the worst I've seen over 20 years of world travel. We did bring the issues with breakfast to the attention of the duty manager but he was reluctant to address the problems on the spot. Room service and cleaning was only done by 16h00 in the afternoon and the previous day even later. This hotel will be wonderful if they can solve the bad apple staff ???

Room Tip: avoid basement rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank amacrock
Dear Amacrock,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give us feedback in order to improve our service. We are pleased that you appreciated the decoration and cleanliness of the hotel and our staff.

I am very sorry for the incident during breakfast. This has been discussed internally with the concerned person in order not to let this happen again.

The dutymanager did take action, but because of the busy breakfast, took this action after all the other guests were served in order to give them the service that can be expected from us.

Due to the check-in time of 15:00 o'clock, we first clean all the check out rooms every day in order to assure that everybody can check in on time. The stay over rooms are done afterwards when it is busy, also because most guests are out of the hotel until nighttime. Would you prefer your room to be cleaned earlier, please just inform us, so that we can arrange this for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, we will take this very seriously and use this for improving our service in the future. We do hope that we may welcome you again when you visit Amsterdam next time. Warm regards, Sven van Maanen (Hotelmanager)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed in Amsterdam at the NottingHill with my best friend for my 40th Birthday
Arrived late and was greeted by a delightful twin room, comfy, spacious and relaxed.
The hotel has been decorated to a very high standard and we were not disappointed.
Unfortunately they werent serving food after 9pm and we were starving, but a short tram ride takes you into the busy resturant areas where we could eat.

The staff were all very friendly and couldnt do enough for us
I would def book again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Kath C,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased that you appreciated our staff, room and interior so much. We hope that we may welcome you again soon in our hotel. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have landed near 09 am (it was US flight). If you are going to arrive earlier than it is noticed on their web-site, you can wait. I know that this was not only my problem: I had seen the group with the same problem as we had. The meal and choice on breakfast is not correspond to the cost , so I think that it will be much more reasonable to have meal in another place. Room was really very clean, small (as usual in Europe), the problem was the closed window: there was really warm weather. I prefer to have more air inside the room

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website. We understand that you are tired after a long flight and eager to take a rest. Unfortunately it is very difficult during busy periods to have rooms ready that early, especially because check out time is 12:00 o'clock. If you want to be sure to have a room ready early in the morning, we are more that willing to reserve a room for you with a guaranteed early check in. For additional costs we can already block the room the night before your arrival. Our breakfast price is based on the items we offer. We have chosen to offer the highest quality and fresh products. We hope that you will visit us again next time when you are in Amsterdam. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill.