“5 star stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Memphis, Tennessee
“5 star stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night recently at the Hotel Notting Hill. The check in was seamless and desk staff very helpful with directions etc to restaurants after arriving late in the evening. The rooms are small but extremely comfortable and well appointed. My 3rd fl room was very quiet and sleeping well was not a problem. The hotel is within walking distance of tons of restaurants and shops. Good value as well for appx 110 euro. Expect about 40 euro for a taxi to or from the airport. Will absolutely stay there again.

Stayed September 2012
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Member23,

thank you for your great review and the time you have taken to write this! We will send you great words to all our staff. If you want to come back to Amsterdam please contact us directly so we can make you stay even better :)

Team Notting Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ok, first ever review on here!

Staff & Service: 10/10
Hotel: 10/10
Location: 10/10
Walk to Centrum: 10 mins

We have been to Amsterdam 4 times and this was the first time we ever booked a hotel. We can't be doing with visiting the galleries / museums, after you've visited them once....

Usually, we would rent an apartment but wanted something different this time.

We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and chose Amsterdam (again :0) for it's Coffee Shops, romance and laid back attitude.

Hotel:

We arrived super early and dropping the bags off then checking in later could not have been easier. Our bags were waiting in our room to which we were shown by the concierge. He gave us an overview of our room (room 315), the electronics (heater controls / air con / coffee machine / WiFi etc) and made us aware we could give him a shout if we needed anything. He offered true peace of mind as did the reception team. To be honest, once we arrived and seen the place, we instantly thought we'd stand out like a sore thumb with the hotel being so beautiful and plush......however, the staff were VERY welcoming and we didn't feel out of place at all!

This hotel is perfectly located. Don't be put off by lazy American reviews! The hotel itself is located, only 5 mins from Rembrandt Square and 10 mins from Centrum.
The hotel rooms are second to none. Fresh and pristine is reflected throughout, as is the customer service - Quality!. The rooms are well equipped with AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE beds with an LCD TV on the wall. Perfect for retiring after a long day walking / smoking around Amsterdam. Superbly comfortable and insanely clean.

We also emailed ahead of our arrival time with certain requests etc and the staff answered these emails very swiftly and were super happy to cater for our needs. The stay at this hotel was just PERFECT and we truly couldn't have asked for more from a hotel. This place ticks ALL the boxes and then some!

Would definitely book this hotel again and wishing I was still there! Very highly recommended..... 10/10! :0)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason S
Dear Jason,

Wow! Thank you for your great review. It was lovely having you in our hotel. And also great that you love Amsterdam as much as we do :). Congratulations again with you wedding day. When you come to Amsterdam again it would be great having you back in our Hotel.

See you soon, we are looking forward welcoming you again!

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

A short stay, made very pleasant by friendly staff, at a stylish, well-located hotel.
The staff were very helpful with all our enquiries and we enjoyed an evening drink by the waterside. The room was one without a view, but this wasn't a problem - we were there to explore the city, and on this point the hotel was excellent. There is a tram/bus stop a few meters from the hotel, a nearby market and very good restaurants.
Amsterdam has many visitors and I appreciated the fact that this hotel was quiet and not on a busy street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristen024
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Kristen,

thank you for your great review. We are happy that you have enjoyed Amsterdam, thank you for your compliment about our location, we are very well located in a quiet part of the centre and with a short walk you can enjoy all the action of Amsterdam. Next time you can stay longer and we will have great recommendations for you to enjoy the city even more :)!

Thank you again and we look forward welcoming you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant hotel - great room and very helpful and professional staff - bar is excellent and reception a unique and interesting sight - don't hesitate to book it - easy access to museums and everything bit very quiet. breakfasts overpriced but 9euro continental breakfast ok.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Really nice hotel - had a room overlooking the river situated in a nice part of Amsterdam away from the tourist traps, me and 6 friends rode our bikes (the best way to get around the Dam) from Central station to the hotel about 30 mins uros n a hot summers day, Friendly staff very helpfull and always greeting us with a nice smile, Only gripe was the price of breakfast @ 20 euros!! and very expensive drinks at the bar 49 euro for 6 drinks!! shame they didnt have a happy hour like Hotel V just around the corner, but hey big room nice bathroom comfortable bed and really big windows overlooking the bridge and river was an excellent location. Got a tram into Rembrant sqare one evening for around 4 euros each then a taxi back at 4am for 15 euros. Great hotel would recommend even more if only could include breakfast

Room Tip: we had 3 rooms between us and all were great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Booked a double room for 3 nights (28 September - 1 October 2011) through the hotel's website and paid a total of 387 Euros (breakfast not included).

Took a cab from the train station to the hotel which took about 15 minutes. Asked the staff to help me with the luggage as I had 2 large suitcases with me. Staff was friendly and helped me check whether I can take a bus to the Aalsmeer flower auction but it took ages before they found where is the bus station I could take the bus.

As for the room, really not that exciting. It's spacious, but it's weird shaped and I didn't quite like the decor. The TV is not in front of the bed but on the side which wasn't very nice. The bed and pillows were alright, not particularly comfortable. My biggest problem lies with the toilet, it's huge but there was no bath and only a shower in it, one of the perks of staying at a hotel is to take a nice bath after a long day out. I didn't have time to research and needed to book a hotel very last minute, if I knew there was no bath, I would never have booked it. Ordered room service the 1st night and the food arrived quickly and was lovely.

I stayed at another hotel this year (Hotel JL No 76). I cannot compare the room rates as I booked it as part of a package and also because I went for the best room at Hotel JL No 76, but I loved the room, vibe and location of Hotel JL No 76 much more than Hotel Notting Hill.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Yvonne A
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I went here for a weekend getaway and we treated ourselves to a 4 star boutique hotel with a central location, between Nieuwmarkt and the museums.. We paid 300 Euro for the two nights and I think that was the right price. We skipped the 20 Euro breakfast buffet - there are so many nice cafés in the area to have a good breakfast for a fraction off that.

The hotel is very new and evrything is a bit funky and contemporaty, but in a very modest way. It is packed with high tech and electronic touch-control panels. We never really figured out how to operate the lights and the mini bar was a vending machine for softdrinks and beer. What happened to real mini bars, where one could get a drink?

A word of warning: the water in the shower can get very hot. I actually burned myself and it was only my reflexes that saved me from serious injuries.

The bar and restaurant area was quite empty and we did not try it either. I find it strange that so many hotels do nothing to get their guests to vist the bar (a voucher for a free drink, some entertainment, special rates for guests...). I like to hang in hotel bars but I do not like to be alone in a bar.

Service was good, but perhaps a bit slow. We got good restaurant recommendations and the usual help with luggage and taxi. A strange thing was the email I sent the week before, asking for assistance with bicycle rental. I never even got a reply. I simple "no" would have been better.

To sum it up: good hotel, but lacking the "It-factor" it obviously is aiming for. Serive is good but nothing extra. Gives you a good nights sleep and connects you to the rest of Amsterdam. No more, no less.

Room Tip: I don't think it is worth to pay extra for the chemmel view. The view is quite dull anyway and A...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple