“A place for beer”
Review of De Bekeerde Suster

De Bekeerde Suster
Ranked #197 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: The Bekeerde Suster is a brewpub in the city centre of Amsterdam, close to the Nieuwmarkt. The brewery is at the back of the pub and is worth watching. If you're Lucky you might be able to see the brewmaster live in action...Besides the brewery we offer another 8 beers on tap and at least 45 bottled from breweries all over the world. We serve a good quality lunch and dinner menu, with some classic dishes.
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We just stumbled across this place, unfortunately it was the day we were leaving so could only stay for a couple of beers which were delicious. They have 7 or 8 beers they brew on site a wonderful little place that I will visit again

There are newer reviews for De Bekeerde Suster

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We very much enjoyed our sandwiches at this brewpub which overlooks a canal. We were even able to get a table outside - gorgeous! The beer sampler option, while not exactly cheap, is extremely generous (20 cl per each of the 4 beers) and comes with cheese!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The location, by the Niewmarkt, is great. the ambiance really good (feeling of old dutch bar). Food was great quality (fries, sate kip and ham great, nachos superb, yes nachos in Amsterdam). The service could improve, but would give it another chance.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was there twice and I really like this place. They have their own beer, I highly recommend brown one. Also food at this place is really cool, spare ribs are very nice. And portions of food are big. So, highly recommended place to visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We visited this bar on our first night. The intention was to have a few drinks and then decide where to eat. The home-brewed beer was excellent and was similar in style to Belgian beers. They had blonde, dark and white home brewed beers, as well as a beer menu featuring about 40 other beers, some on draft, others in bottles.
We started to get hungry and asked if they served bar snacks (our menu was in Dutch) and the waitress helpfully translated them for me. My partner ordered some cheese and olives and I ordered what I though was roast sausage. It was actually raw beef sausage (like a steak tartare) served with mustard and pickled cucumber. I wasnt too sure about this, but tried it and it was surprisingly nice. Luckily I like my meat rare so was willing to try it because it was an Amsterdam speciality, but others beware.
A few beers later we asked the waitress if they served main meals and she brought us an English menu. I had the ribs, which were an American sized portion, which came with chips (fries) and coleslaw, The ribs were very tasty and succulent, the chips were enough for two to share and the coleslaw was the best I have ever eaten. My partner had the salmon which she thoroughly enjoyed. The meal and 11 beers came to 73 euros, whoch was about 25 euros less than we expected. The bar was fairly empty when we arrived at 1900, but was rocking by the time we left at 0045. Do not miss this place if you like good hearty food and beer (not lager)