First off, hats off to Wouter and Zu. Best hosts ever - period!
i only have best to excellent things to say about this place (very nice neighborhood - a total residential one):
1) got us the Ov-chipcards with some preloaded money on them
2) Took care of our special request to not have meat in the pantry (refrigerator) - got us milk/yogurt for kids that too late in the night upon request
3) best room ever - we took the apartment 1. it was spacious even after putting in 2 extra beds and our luggage.
4) they provided us with an extra cot and an crib for our children (5 year/1 year).
5) they have some extra umbrellas near the main door and some local tour/guide books in the room and outside the room
6) wouter booked a cab for us to leave early in the moring at 5:45 for the schiphol airport. flat 28 euros. cab driver was nice and decent as well.
7) fresh breads in the room were awesome and awesome (repeated to stress the tastyness and freshness) - they can get you other breads if you know what you want
8) room linen/towels etc replaced/cleaned up every 2nd day; bathrooms have towels/soap/shampoo etc and a towel dryer/heater!
9) bath rooms/fixtures are 10 star (5 star would be too little)
10) they even have a washer/dryer right next to the rooms (with detergent)
11) there is a 2 burner electric stove, a microwave and all the basic cutlery needed with salt+pepper.
12) there is a nice little grocery next door that has veggies/fruits besides other stuff..
13) free wifi. (there is a tv in the room as well)
14) floor heating (though we had to turn it off as temperature was quite okay when we were there)
15) allowed us an early check-in in the morning
16) bus stop across the road and tram stop is about 3-4 minute walk. 2 trams to central.
best part was that they even folded our clothes (that we had put in the dryer/washer) by the time we got back in the evening .. now, that's service par excellence.
will try to upload photos later..
cannot thank you enough wouter and zu.. next trip to AMS, we are at your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We live in Amsterdam, only 10 minutes from the city center by bike or public transport. The famous Vondelpark (central park of Amsterdam) is a few minutes walking distance and you can access the famous just renewed Rijks Museum and Van Gogh Museum from the park. Nearby you will find lots of shops and excellent restaurants the latter around the corner. Both apartments have luxurious bathrooms with shower and toilet. We provide you with free WIFI, LCD-TV, individual floor heating, kitchenette, coffee and tea facilities. Breakfast you will find in your fridge + fresh buns will be placed by your door in the morning for you to enjoy. We provide you with Tram cards and you can rent two folding bicycles. Your hosts are Wouter en Zu. We speak Dutch, English, German, Malaysian and a little French. Welcome to Amsterdam! ... more less