“Excellent Dining Experience”

Neuf Amsterdam B.V.
Reserve with
Neuf Amsterdam B.V. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 3,855 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Traditional French Cuisine with more then 40 wines served by the glass.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Bistro Neuf is in a restaurant and culturally-rich area, nearby Central station. Our dining experience ( visited with a friend) was superb and on the money. We were seated close to the entrance of the restaurant, and found ourself overlooking the open kitchen. Simply awesome.

The four course tasting menu was fantastic ( though I will identify with other reviewers that Dutch cheese would have been a nice touch for the cheese plate). The plates were creative, flavorful and portions were good. Though the restaurant was busy, the service was high-level and well-appreciated.

Bistro Neuf is a winner.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Overveen, The Netherlands
“If only they had charged for the bottle”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The food was excellent and so was the service, so we were very happy and I tipped 20 euro. But checking the bill, back home, I noticed that had charged 6 glasses of wine at 9 euro instead of a bottle for 43 euro. Of course I emailed them first so it could be cleared up and got an email back (witch is rare, so a good omen). But they claimed that I should have ordered a bottle right away. I wrote back that I didn't know the vineyard and as it was possible to taste the same wine by the glass I had asked the waitress to pour us two glasses first, if we liked it we would use the rest of the bottle. The wine was good and our glasses were refilled from the same bottle. When our guest arrived and asked a glass of wine (in general) she got one from 'our' bottle. I got no response on my second email and now feel free to warn you. Again, great food and service, but this is disappointing!

• Visited January 2014
Kirkland, Washington
“Walked in off the street and had a supper meal”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Was walking around Amsterdam on a Thursday night, and knew right away this was my kind of food place. Got lucky with a table where you could watch the chefs. Saw many wonderful dishes go by. I had the lobster, which was maybe the best I have ever had. Meat had been removed, cooked in a wonderful sauce, full of mushrooms and flavor, and then return to shell which was then nicely flamed, so you get that rich burnt shell smell- hmmm. I also had the cheese plate, which was good, but not what I had hoped for in Holland. Overall, the meal was a 10, and I will go back.

• Visited December 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“High quality bistro-style cuisine - excellent wines”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Recently awarded a Bib Gourmand, this is a very nice bistro-style restaurant in one of the nicest parts of Amsterdam. No bistro prices though, but it offers adequate value-for-money. Dishes vary in complexity but are very well executed. Absolute stars are the wines on offer. Excellent options by the glass in various price ranges. The less expensive ones are very suitable, the more expensive ones are sheer enjoyment. No wonder given the affiliation with one of Amsterdam's nicest wine shops, right next door. Service, after a slowww start, was very friendly and helpful and made us feel very comfortable.

• Visited January 2014
San Rafael, California
“Outstanding Xmas Eve Dinner”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were looking forward to our dinner at Bistrot Neuf, and we weren't disappointed. So we could enjoy a broad sampling, we shared everything - foie gras, ravioli with mushrooms and an incredible sauce, and the meringue flambé with Grand Marnier. The evening was made perfect by the professionalism and knowledge of our beautiful waitress, whose name I regretfully neglected to get. There's always a next time!

• Visited December 2013