“An Egalitarian Standard of Excellence”

Neuf Amsterdam B.V.
Reserve with
Neuf Amsterdam B.V. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 3,858 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Traditional French Cuisine with more then 40 wines served by the glass.
seattle
“An Egalitarian Standard of Excellence”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

To me, a good restaurant has to have a good wine list as well as good food. I had four glasses of wine, Graves white, Sanserre white, and two glasses of one of the cheaper wines, a red Spanish wine, (I think a Toro but I can't remember.) I wouldn't have had two glasses of it if I didn't think that it was a tremendously good wine. A good restaurant will make sure that the cheap wine selections are completely enjoyable. Overall I think that was one of the key features of Cafe Neuf, regardless of how much you might spend, I think you would still enjoy your meal.

Only one downside to this restaurant, on Saturday night it was quite noisy from people talking and laughing. But, what are you going to do on Saturday night anyway. And the couple next to us seemed to have no problem whispering sweet nothings into each others ear in spite of the din.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
“A good find while wandering the streets”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I left my guidebook at the airport Sheraton so we were on our own for dining options. We chose this place after a couple of hours of wandering mostly because the prices seemed reasonable and the restaurant full. We selected the 4 course chef's menu and I have to say each course was very good. In particular, I really enjoyed the veal cheeks. I've always been a fan of beef cheeks but this had to be the most tender cow I've ever eaten. Everything was prepared well and the staff, while slow, was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited September 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good price, honest food. Great location”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

You already see the open kitchen from the street, fresh fish on ice, good old fashioned dishes in a modernish presentation. Friendly staff and a good wine list. Its mostly crowded. Also possible to have a good private dinning space. Locate at the very nice Haarlemmerstraat.

• Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Still dreaming of that lobster, it was delicious and reasonably priced too! I'd recommend the escargot to start too

• Visited August 2013
Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

When I'm in Amsterdam I try to drop by for lunch or dinner in this french restaurant! It's one of my favorite places in Amsterdam because of the friendly service and the great food and good portions :) You can walk in for lunch but at night it handy to make a reservation just to ensure you a spot and specially on the weekends (they work in shifts, early 18:00 or late 21:30). The food is well prepare and the portions are generous and they have an excellent list of fantastic wines (they work together with the wineshop next to the restaurant).

• Visited June 2013