“Greatly disappointing”
Review of Photo Tours of Amsterdam - CLOSED

Photo Tours of Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are beginner or advanced and photography is your passion, Photo Tours of Amsterdam will inspire and guide you to take the best pictures in this UNESCO World Heritage Site, often called the “Venice of the North”.Journey with our experienced, resident, english speaking photographers through the seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam and encounter the authentic Dutch Golden Age spirit. You will take from Amsterdam the best souvenirs, a great knowledge of your camera, exceptional photographs flavored with a touch of history and memories that last a lifetime.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was very excited about photo tour in amsterdam.Read all the reviews, was a hard decision between this company and photo safari, unfortunately chose wrong. Made the reservation the morning before, was a little worried with only a 24 hr notice, but the reservation went through and paid in full with paypal at the time. It said I would be getting email concerning place to meet.That night, when I had not gotten the email, wrote themexpressing my concern, but never heard back.As our time in Amsterdam was short, and I had expected to be on the photo tour, really impacted our visit.It took several other emails, and 4 days to get my money back. Apology inadequate.

4  Thank james0614
There are newer reviews for Photo Tours of Amsterdam

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Considering that my guide was a professional photographer with extensive experience, the tour was a great value (plumbers charge more per hour !). Plus, Tom was super nice, patient, and made me feel very comfortable. The tour never felt rushed, and it ended when we were done, rather than at an exact time. Great experience! I'd highly recommend it. I consider myself an intermediate photographer (shoot RAW, have my own photo blog, good equipment), and I still learned a lot, especially about composing a scene.

1  Thank Lutz B
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently stepped up from a point-and-shoot to dSLR camera and was still getting used to my new camera. Adelina was excellent at demystifying how to use my camera controls and how best to compose my shots. She had a good structure to the tour with enough flexibility to address my needs. She even took a slight detour to the flower market so I could get some experience using a new lens I had just purchased that was well suited for capturing details. In addition to the photo advice, Adelina was very knowledgeable of the sites we encountered and provided a nice commentary. Thank you Adelina for a great tour! What I gained during the tour was well worth the cost!

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Initially there was an almost communication breakdown. Tom was supposed to meet me at Rembrandt Square, instead of him, Adelina showed up. The office seemed not to know and sent me an apology (my phone did not work in Holland, only data service) and offer for refund to which I replied: 'Tour Guide showed up, was a great tour...' Apart from that I enjoyed the tour. Different locations, viewpoints, angles were given, Adelina assisted with the camera settings etc etc. It was an enjoyable morning. Of course, make sure to wear very comfy shoes and only little to carry, because you will cover quite a big section of Old Amsterdam. Despite that it was a cloudy day with little break of sunlight I managed to capture quite an array of nice photos. They are definitely the best of all my pics from this trip, and I received lots of info on the subjects themselves. I've been to Amsterdam plenty of times, but this was a nice way to discover a different perspective. Adelina is a very helpful, kind, easy-going and genuine person who loves to share her knowledge with you. I very much recommend her as a guide.

2  Thank Sistatravelista
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I spent an evening with Adelina shooting central Amersterdam. She is friendly, and an excellent teacher. I learned a great deal and captured some of the best images ever. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jeff C