“Great view”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Blue Amsterdam is the place to be in the centre of the city for breakfast, lunch, cakes, snacks, coffee, home made lemonades, beer and wine with an amazing 360-degree view. We hope to welcome you soon!
Reviewed April 13, 2013

To be fair, I cannot give a valid recommendation in terms of food. however, my cappuccino was very nice! We really came here for a rest and for the view. I highly recommend coming for a cocktail or sunset drink. The place is really nice and the views are fantastic. We did see a lot of the food coming out and it smelt and looked quite tasty.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nothing special except the setting, but it's well worth it. For the place, prices are not exorbitant. Good service when I was there.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

At the top of a shopping centre with views right across Amsterdam. The food was quite good value and the service was very good.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Last day of our break and the weather turned nasty. Horizontal sleet put paid to our plans of wandering round the nine streets. Instead we headed for warmth. Blue offered the perfect solution - superb 360 degree view of Amsterdam and great (warm!) open sandwiches. The beer and the wine went down well too! Access is via a quirky lift - so don't be put off by the thought of eating in a shopping centre, this is NOT one of the standard fast food courts!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have recently discovered this lovely cafe on the top floor of the shopping centre. What I like about this place is the nice views over the city of Amsterdam. I like to bring visiting friends here for the 'wow factor', and it gives them a lot of unique 360 degree photo opportunities. Also the staff are attentive, friendly and prompt ~ a marked difference compared to other cafes in Amsterdam I have encountered who give relatively poor service.

Food on the menu is pretty basic cafe fare but they come in satisfactory portions. Their skinny fries are a particular favourite of mine, and their sandwiches are pretty good too. Although I wasn't a fan of their pesto pasta ... a bit bland. Prices are affordable; not hyped up to reflect the urban atmosphere.

The cafe can get pretty busy during lunch hour, so I tend to avoid visiting between the hours of 12 - 2 pm, but it gets quieter in the late afternoons. Perfect for a quiet cup of coffee and cake. There are not that many tables, so this place gets crowded relatively quick.

I would definitely recommend this place for a quick lunch, and to take in the lovely views over the city. Even on a crappy day with bad weather you'll still have a good time here at cafe Blue. I would however like to see new items added to the menu. Very happy with the establishment to date.