“Once was Enough”

Amsterdam Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Optional Canal Cruise
Ranked #50 of 419 Tours in Amsterdam
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Lindbergh tours pack you into a huge bus like sardines. We took the trip to see the Windmills. They also take you to a cheese factory and a small touristy island. Its all about getting you to buy souvenirs at the tourist shops. We did not get any commentary during our trip. I would not take a tour of this type again.

1  Thank sharongail

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I think the tour company did a fine job getting us to the gardens and back. They were punctual and courteous. Some of the flowers were out in bloom, but we new they wouldn't all be out because of the long winter, and I wouldn't hold the tour company responsible for that.

1  Thank Randman59
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked a combination city tour via Expedia.com in Feb for my March visit to Amsterdam. As instructed, I contacted the tour company when I arrived in the city to confirm my reservation. Upon arrival to pickup my tickets, I asked the clerk if I could skip the city tour (I had already taken a Canal tour & Diamond Factory excursions on another package). However, I wanted to use my Anne Frank Huis admission. I was given my Anne Frank Huis ticket and told I could walk to the monument and enter IMMEDIATELY.

Upon arrival at Anne Frank Huis, I was told by the check-in staff that my ticket COULD NOT BE HONORED until after 5:00 pm (note that I was told by Lindbergh that I could use the ticket at any time). Furthermore, it was only 1:15 pm when I arrived. The second option offered by the Anne Frank Huis staff was to wait in the 2.5+ hour queue outside (cold/wet/0 degrees Celsius). I plead my plight with the staff. They apologized and agreed that I was given WRONG INFORMATION by the Lindbergh clerk. Additionally, Anne Frank Huis would not honor the ticket issued by Lindburgh.

After going back/forth with various members of the Anne Frank Huis staff, they relented. I had to buy a SECOND ticket but was allowed immediate entry (thank you Anne Frank Huis staff).

The Dutch can be somewhat aloof in terms of customer service. However, I can deal with aloofness but find ignorance completely unacceptable. Spend your hard earned tourism dollars with an operator who values your patronage and doesn't treat you like "one of the herd."

1  Thank regalgal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

did there grand holland tour. the morning was a joke. the tour guide was a idiot and really never provided any info. you never saw much except being dragged to the tourist traps. the clogs were neat and the gentleman was funny the cheese was a joke never learnt nothing there. the afternoon was better and had a better tour guide that informed you of things. the next afternoon did the keukenhoff tour and the guide was great, fun and informative

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Shame on Lindbergh Day Tours for running their tour of Keukenhof in this freezing weather and shame on me for prebooking the tour a couple of weeks ago. The company is still selling tours today for the Keukenhof Gardens even though the flower beds are brown and no tulips are blooming at all (except those in heated pavillions).

Keukenhof is probably amazing once the flowers have a chance to bloom. If you're reading this (it's April 3) do not book this tour. If you are going to Keukenhof , it looks very easy to take the train to Schipol Airport from Centraal Station (4.40 euros), a shuttle bus to the Gardens (don't know the cost but probably cheap) and the entrance fee is 6 euros. Do the math. At 40 euros this is a total ripoff. I'm contacting my credit card company to stop payment.

1  Thank beachsharon