“Deceptive Tour of Keukenhof - No Flowers Yet!”

Lindbergh Day Tours
Book In Advance
$65.82*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip from Amsterdam
$113.70*
Bruges Day Trip from Amsterdam
$113.70*
and up
Amsterdam Super Saver: Zaanse Schans Windmills plus Delft, The Hague and...
Ranked #44 of 390 Tours in Amsterdam
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Deceptive Tour of Keukenhof - No Flowers Yet!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Shame on Lindbergh Day Tours for running their tour of Keukenhof in this freezing weather and shame on me for prebooking the tour a couple of weeks ago. The company is still selling tours today for the Keukenhof Gardens even though the flower beds are brown and no tulips are blooming at all (except those in heated pavillions).

Keukenhof is probably amazing once the flowers have a chance to bloom. If you're reading this (it's April 3) do not book this tour. If you are going to Keukenhof , it looks very easy to take the train to Schipol Airport from Centraal Station (4.40 euros), a shuttle bus to the Gardens (don't know the cost but probably cheap) and the entrance fee is 6 euros. Do the math. At 40 euros this is a total ripoff. I'm contacting my credit card company to stop payment.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank beachsharon

London, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Very bad experience with this company.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I am very sorry to have to write such a negative review on here, I booked a day tour to Bruges with this company so that myself and my partner could not only visit Amsterdam but also see Bruges. I booked in January well in advance of doing the tour in March. I noticed on my ticket after paying that I should confirm the tour before the day. So I contacted Lindbergh to make sure that my booking was confirmed - we were on a tight time period as we were only in Amsterdam for three nights and had everything planned around doing this day trip. I had a reply with my booking number and confirmation that it is all happening and to look forward to being on the trip the following week.
It just so happen we go into the Lindbergh travel office once we are in Amsterdam and we are told that this trip isn't happening and the person who gave us confirmation had made a mistake and and we would have to wait 30 days for a refund of the money for the trip!
All our plans were ruined due to this companies inability to check their bookings and trip dates correctly and if we had been told before we were in Amsterdam, we would have been able to make other arrangements to get to Bruges.
Use this company with caution when booking trips online prior to your trip.

1 Thank Travelbug190688
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Keukenhof tulip fields DON'T USE THIS COMPANY”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

100% agree with Phil & Sebastian we booked a trip for 2 Adults to Keukenhof Bulb Fields using Lindbergh. Once we arrived we were greeted with brown flower beds as nothing has grown yet a complete waste of time. When we complained they just weren't interested although they have offered a free bus ride to and from Amsterdam this year which is fine if we want to rebook flights and hotels. I agree it not their fault that the plants haven't grown yet but a decent Company would advise you of this before taking your money
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED definitely money for nothing
Now contacting the credit card company to investigate

Visited March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fraudulent, avoid”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This company readily sold us tickets for a trip to see the famous Keukenhof tulip displays. It was only when on the coach and on the way that they told us that due to a late spring there were few flowers out. There was virtually nothing to see when we got there and it was a complete waste of 5 valuable hours of our weekend break, not to mention the 60 Euro they conned us out of. They refused to give us a refund. Avoid this company at all costs please.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Phil E
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“DO NOT PURCHASE ANY TICKETS FROM THEM AS THEY ARE JUST AMATEURS AND CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO MAKE YOUR TRIP SAFE”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hy all
When u are in a city more than 3 days u might start wondering what to do to not get borred
So we took 2 trips
1. To see BRugges
2. Country side
Now the problems start....they tell you to be there at 8.45 when the tript should start at 9.15 ....the bus comes at 9.30 ...no explanations.....no coffee or tea....not even a place to wait......everybody runs to the bus to take a good seat.......an old lady scared waits at the bus to take the ticket........finally at 9.40 we start.......the driver seems to not have knowledge of this bus as it starts and the bus stops........looks like he is gonna have problems.....
On the way the old lady( guide) started to speak more languages.....nobody could understand her as she was mixing them .......
The trip IS ONLY IN SUNDAY....THEY DO NOT CHECK THE WEATHER SO YOU MIGHT GO ON AN TORRENTIAL RAINY DAY......
THEY STOP ONCE FOR a 10 mins break.........then you arrive in BRUGGES......THEY DO NOT GIVE YOU MAPS BUT THEY GIVE YOU TIPS ( where they take their comission) ...AS WHAT TO BUY FROM WHERE ....WHERE TO EAT....ETC
WE VISITED, VERY NICE AND VINTAGE OLD TOWN IN THE CITY CENTER......
AFTER 3.5 hours we returned back to the bus.......
At the border with holland the bus is broken.....took 4 hours to get another bus.....they offered a mcdonalds coffee......no explanations.....and next day surprise .....READ THE LEAFLET CAREFULLY AS THEY DO NOT GIVE A JACK ON YOU......NO REFUND NO NOTHING......
THEY PUSH THE DRIVER TO DRIVE EVEN WITH THE BUS BROKEN........VERY AMATEURS
ONCE AGAIN....63 euros???? Better take the train......much cheaper....faster......and u can have a full day to visit what u want
2. The trip to the country side.....indeed very nice.....but they rush you.....it is only 20 km away from amsterdam so you might rent a car and go with it and stay and visit for how long you want.....the factories are open for everybody .....again the guide is giving you tips to buy just where they have commissions.....would not go again and I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY EVER
A TIP......THEY ARE HOTELS THAT OFFER BETTER PRICE AND BETTER TRIPS THAN THIS F.......ers (LINDBERGH)
GOOD LUCK