“Not a pleasant experience”

Pizzeria La Traviata
Ranked #3,188 of 3,853 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
London, United Kingdom
“Not a pleasant experience”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

From outside looked like a nice little Italian place and prices weren't too high either.
After having my dinner there, I know for sure why the prices weren't higher than that!
My pizza was slammed in front of me. My starter was delivered when I was half way through the pizza and even then it was not what I'd ordered, so in the end I had my starter after my main.
When I was finished with my "starter", I was delivered a bill without even asking whether I would like desert or coffee.
AND to top things off, they had put someone else's food on my bill as well so they expected me to pay for 5 people instead of just me! They did, however, sort that bit out in the end but hopefully the other people will check their bill as well, otherwise they'll end up paying my food too.
Really rude and unorganised staff, food is below average, fairly cheap beer though.

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Absolutely to avoid!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you are looking for a nice place to spend some time, a traditional tasty italian dinner served with the tipycal Italian hospitality....... THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE!!!! The waiters are moody and not friendly at all, the restaurant is old fashion, the food...... no comment! I'm Italian and I'm embaressed for this place! The food is tastless, the pizza is fat and covered with some kind of cheese that for sure is not mozzarella....
There are many nice Italian restaurant in Amsterdam, this one is probably one the worse I've ever tried.

• Visited March 2013
“Lovely place to eat.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from a weekend birthday trip to Amsterdam. We stumbled upon this restaurant and liked it so much we went back again.

The food was lovely and reasonably priced. Service was fine, we asked if we could move tables and it was fine.

It was all piping hot and as I said we liked it so much we went back the second night after not finding anywhere else that suited the quality and price!

Lovely and would recommend.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mandy J
Glasgow
“Misleading last night dinner!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Myself and my partner chose this restaurant on our last night of our trip to Amsterdam.
From the outside it looks like a lovely place to eat, however as soon as you are seated that quickly changes.

We were seated within 2 inches of another couple who clearly felt as uncomfortable as us.
Seated rather quickly by the waiter who was uncharacteristically dressed in a striped jumper and jeans, at first I thought he was a diner! Order for drinks and food taken quite quickly but after that we were not asked were we OK or if we needed anything else,myself and other diners had to ask on several occasions for drinks.

After a 40 minute wait for our dinner I paid a trip to the toilet which I instantly regretted.
Toilets were situated right next to the bins which were swarming with flies, went into the toilet and there were at least 20 insects crawling on the ceiling and walls, I quickly raced out.
Partner commented that mens toilets were no better and had no soap.

Pizzas arrived and were ok, after seeing the flies I was quickly put off.

• Visited October 2012
Ontario, Canada
“Food excellent, service a bit 'curmudgeonly'.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on the way back to our hotel and were pleasantly surprised with the food. The aglio e olio and the gorgonzola/bacon/cream pastas were excellent, and the rolls with the garlic butter were out of this world! The service wasn't amazing, but the food more than made up for it. After a trip to Italy last year we are always skeptical about Italian restaurants outside of Italy, but this was really quite tasty.

• Visited October 2012