“The Food is Excellent”

Cuisines: French, International, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived late after spending the day travelling. We were quite tired and wanted something nice for dinner. What a treat! We both had the fish of the day, cod and vegetables and it was perfect. Just the right meal for two tired travellers. We were so impressed we went back another night. The people are very friendly and make you feel welcome. I can highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Idaellen

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very friendly local restaurant off the tourist trail. Prices on par with oyher restaurants but the Food was fresh and tested it! The staff and the chef were on hand to chat. Enjoyed it so much we went again the following evening.

2  Thank Smiggy1984
Reviewed September 28, 2013

very good after the visit of the market!
polite and "anthiek"! more, it is beautifull inside, one of the "brown pub"! a place to be at anytime!
it is not so expensive to drink and to eat!

2  Thank mereabigael
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stumbled onto this place looking for al-fresco dining during a warm summer evening. There are tons of cafe's in Amsterdam that fit the bill but I didn't want to be crowded out by other tourists. There was good mix of locals and tourists there when I plopped myself down on a table by the canal. I wasn't expecting the food to be as good as it turned out to be. I had the catch of the day which was very delicious and beautifully presented.

2  Thank happyfeet54
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I travel quite a bit and always find having a good meal in a tourist town very difficult. There are just so many recommendations in the internet which are very personal and overwhelming at times. Tonight, we happened to walk by this place around dinner time, and we gave it a try. The recommendation from the bar tender (most likely the owner) called for catch of the day, and we also order confit de canard. Both dishes came with very good portion of vegetables (fresh), and the fish was cooked very well, the confit is not salty but cured sufficiently. And they were nicely presented. The servers were all very pleasant and attentive. This little place was completely full with local people by the time we left at 7 pm. Prices are very reasonable, much better than many of the ones around the inner core of Amsterdam which are too touristy, very pushy and greedy.

2  Thank 154913Mike