“Great steaks and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Midtown Grill

Midtown Grill
Reserve with
Midtown Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 3,753 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Amsterdam's best address for steaks, chops and seafood. Inspired by the tradition of the quintessential New York steakhouses, Midtown Grill is serving up finest USDA certified steaks, irresistible classics and an extensive selection of world class wines. At Midtown Grill the emphasis is on pureness, simplicity, fresh ingredients and quality, which is why the restaurant works with the most premium meat kinds among which the unmatched Creekstone Farms prime USDA certified beef fillet. The restaurant has a warm ambiance with a vibrant view of the bustling part of Amsterdam between the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein. All senses are stimulated here, by the vibrant environment as well as the open kitchen and personal service. #MeatMeAtMidtown
Meridian, Idaho
“Great steaks and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very nice restaurant attached to the Marriott. Had a very nice steak. Great flavor, cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for clients. It offers great service, and it quiet enough to have a nice conversation.

• Visited November 2013
Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear dfndr90,

It is always good to hear that our staff is doing a great job, thank you so much for mentioning that.
I would like to add that our Chefs put their best techniques to use while making these wonderful steaks for you and all guests that enter in our restaurant.
See you soon.

My best regards,

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
“Food is tasty but bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The restaurant food and atmosphere is good but the service is not okay. I went there when I had just arrived Amsterdam as it locates not far from my hotel. When I entered this restaurant at around 9:00 pm and the restaurant was only half full. I kept waiting in the front desk for more than 15 mins and I was told that I could only sit on the bar table as all the table was booked. The fact was when I left, there were many empty tables. Price is on a high side but service is so so. I was quite disappointed as it supposes should be a nice restaurant.

Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Nature lover,

Thank you for your feedback and our excuses for the long wait at the hostess stand.
Eventhough the restaurant was half empty as you came they were taken with reservations which were made before hand, because we tend to be booked pretty quick.
I hope that you enjoyed the quality product that we served, just a shame that we could not meet your expectations on the service level.
I hope that you would give us another shot on your next visit.

Best regards,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Visiting the midtown grill was definatly my weekend highlight! I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here. The staff were pleasant, the atmosphere lovely and the food was perfect!
I would recommend this to anyone! Wether with friends, family, business or even if you love food and steak! 5*!
Jay

1 Thank Jason F
Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Jay,

Great to hear that we made your weekend, thank you for the complements to our staff and food we really appreciate it.
We will be seeing you again then soon :).

Best regards,

Heemskerk, The Netherlands
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

After a great day at the "scheepvaartmuseum" with my boyfriend and his daughter, we went to Midtown grill, where after warm welcome and great explanation of the different kinds of stakes, we ordered the T-bone steak and for the little one the mini hamburgers. Not only excellent food but also warm and friendly service! We had a fantastic closure of a great day! Big thanks to all of the staff!
Only small feedback is the lighting that is flickering.

Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Sophie,

Thank you for sharing the experience what you had in our restaurant with your family, this is very important to us, It is nice that you went to the "Scheepvaart Museum" which is my favorite museum here in Amsterdam and that you finished it off by sharing a T-bone steak "as it is a huge amount of meat" in our restaurant.

I hope that you will visit us again soon when you are on your next day trip.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great choice&quality in grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The midtown grill offers at first hand just what you would expect of it: a great variety of dutch and American beef classically grilled to perfection. The waiters make sure you get an excellent explanation of the origin and preparation of the beef and have great wine suggestions to match your pick. Although the menu is not incredibly large there is a good choice for fish lovers as well, with lobster and the catch of the day. Other recommendations would be the beef stewer and the steak tartar. It is also perfectly located to start a night out, at the border of leidseplein which hosts most of Amsterdams nightlife.

Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Tomas Montis,

What can we say more after you explained the service we provide, food and wine pairing is very important to maximize the enjoyment of your dinner and we were very happy to have helped you with that.
See you again soon.