“Two great bicycle tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Orange Adventures

Orange Adventures
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Orange Adventures offers several interesting tours in Amsterdam and Holland. The languages covered fluently are Nederlands, English, and Deutsch (other languages on request). Specialized excursions (private or group; walk, bike, boat or bus) are available to really get to know the city with all it has to offer on architecture and art. Learn all you ever wanted to know about the glorious past of Amsterdam, and the way it still reflects daily life up till now.
Newport Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two great bicycle tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family of five - myself, my husband, and our three children - thoroughly enjoyed our two half-day bike tours with Rolf. As we had already toured some of the traditional old town highlights, Rolf devised an itinerary through several of the less touristed sections of the city for our first bike tour, pointing out architectural highlights and providing interesting insights about each neighborhood. Our second day took us to the lovely countryside outside Amsterdam. On both tours, Rolf was patient and informative, answering questions on a wide variety of subjects and chatting easily with children as well as adults. He is interesting and extremely professional, arriving early to meet us on both days and assisting us with our bike rentals. We can recommend Rolf with confidence.

Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Touring Amsterdam and Holland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband I took two tours with Rolf Schreuder -- a walking tour of Amsterdam and a driving tour of Holland. Rolf is very well informed and clearly enjoys sharing his knowledge with the people on his tour. He is very receptive to questions -- and becomes attuned quickly to the interests of the people on the tour, and adapts the tour accordingly. Rolf's English is excellent and he is very personable. It was a pleasure to spend two days with Rolf and my husband and I came away from the two tours with a great deal of knowledge thanks to Rolf. We highly recommend Rolf to anyone planning a trip to Amsterdam!

Visited August 2013
Long Island, New York
“First but not last trip to Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed the 1/2 day walking tour around the city. Walking around with Rolf was like hanging out with a good friend whom you had known for years. He's Fluent in English, extremely knowledgeable, and absolutely professional in every aspect of his work. We learned a great deal about the history and architecture of not only the city but of the country.

Not only would we recommend Rolf as a tour guide but we did when we met a Canadian couple in Brussels that were on their way to Amsterdam.

Matt&MarjoriL

Visited May 2013
Canberra, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great ride through beautiful a countryside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

After loving the Amsterdam city we wanted to see some of the countryside so give orange bikes a try, with a self guided tour out to zaanse schans. We got a map, a pair of bikes with the most heavy duty locks I've seen in my life an were on our way.

Don't let the single speed bikes put you off - the Amsterdam countryside is super-flat and the bikes were more than sufficient. We Fi get lost a few times on our ride but that's as part of the fun. We always had the option of backtracking so were never too worried. Make sure you're fit though - it's an easy ride, but long, especially in the sun.

Zaanse schans was wonderful - heaps of windmills, local craft shops and a great crepe restaurant.

The only negative was when we we coming back into the city and I nearly got knocked off my bike by another cyclist carrying a stack of cardboard boxes. A word of advice:
Hop off your bike and walk once you get back into the city!

1 Thank Rob P
Derby
“Perfect Start to a Weekend in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Five good friends and Rolf, touring around the main sights of Amsterdam - it was great! Rolf is a very informative guide, speaks fluent English and has a great sense of humour - which he needed to cope with our group! Doing a tour on bike is such a fun way to get a real feel for this beautiful city. It also helped us get our bearings and decide where we wanted to spend the rest of our weekend. Rolf stopped often to fill us in on interesting facts about different landmarks and gave us lots of good advice about places to eat etc along the way. We definitely all felt it was great value for money. Highly recommended. Thanks again Rolf!

Visited September 2012