I am not a Rembrandt fan nor had any knowledge of his life and art but felt obliged to visit the Rembrandt House as he is a great Dutch artist ... oh my god what a sensational place!
1. It was intriguing to see an Amsterdam house from the inside
2. Great insight into 17th century life in general and Rembrandt as an artist in particular.
3. There are two artistic demonstrations, one is techniques of prints (and which R engaged), the second how artists made their paints in the 17th century (a lengthy process of smashing stones and minerals from exotic places then adding various ingredients). I was amazed how difficult it was to make a print and paint, it was absolutely fascinating.
4. Big collection of Rembrandts prints
5. An opportunity to be creative on the top floor where visitors are invited to get artistic
Very well done, highly recommended!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.