“Two rice bowls and some more”
Review of Soenda Kelapa

Soenda Kelapa
Ranked #1,263 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had wanted to try a rice table as it's an Amsterdam thing. We were recomended this and thought value wise 50 euros and the selection was not too bad. Some of the dishes I liked others soso. Seemed like nice rice and other plates with diffrent sauces.(socks were not blown off)
Best for me were chicken statays and sauce. The soup was ok. Presentation excellent

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This Indonesian restaurant offers a fixed price meal for two for 50 Euros, and that is what we had. It started with a VERY good chicken-coconut soup, and I'd go back just for that. The rest was small plates -- 2 beefs, two chickens, a fish, a tofu, 4-5 vegetable dishes, toasted coconut sprinkles and other garnishes for all. A fine feast indeed!
Most dishes were quite mild but they brought us a fine chili sauce so we could adjust to our spicier tastes.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent. I can't say enough about the delicious laksa. The waiter was very nice and personable. The only drawback was the long time it took for our food to arrive; almost one hour. Once it did arrive it was delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had the Reistaffel (I think that's the name of the dish I had). I was surprised to see how much of variety it is - from chicken, beef, and other variety of foods. As I was sitting in a solo table, I'm pretty sure the table couldn't fit my food! The amount of food was a lot that even for someone that was really hungry that day, I couldn't finish it! I had tried other Indonesian restaurants in the city and this one is the most "homey" when it comes to food. For 18-24EUR (if memory recalls) , this couldn't get any better.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Spring Rolls and Fried Dumplings for entrée. Chicken with Spicy Sauce, and Stir-fried Vegetables as main course.
Very happy with all choices. Enough food for the two of us. All four items were delicious. Would order them again.Only negative, staff could have been more aware of the customers.