All reviews tram stop small balcony central station small hotel hotel restaurant dam square single room three nights buy tickets number tram highly recommend this hotel major attractions spent nights city centre tea and coffee two night stay pleasant stay
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel met all expectations. The rooms were clean and the jacuzzi bath was perfect after hours spent exploring the city. Overall it is good value for money. Easy tram ride to central station although we decided to walk this route on a few occasions. The breakfast was good and the staff very polite and helpful with tips of where to visit and places to go. Would recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

1  Thank klaw3
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went there end September 2013 for a long weekend break. The service was good from the start. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good quality, not huge choice but covered all the bases (cereal, bread, croissant, eggs, juice, coffee/tea), but I think quality is more important. We asked for a room in a quite corner, which we got. It is on the narrow side - you can use the bed as the chair for the table. However, all the fittings in the room is top quality, decent size shower/toilet. Clean room & linen. Surprisingly quiet for its location - 4 tram stops to Anne Frank's House museum. The real service test was when my husband had problem with the mattress. It was way too firm for him - he always have problems with firm mattress when he travels unfortunately. It was fine for me personally, I can sleep anywhere. We ask the hotel if they have to give us a mattress topper, but they didn't so they stuffed duvet under the bed sheet. It was still firm and we asked for more layers to be topped up. To our surprise, the manager went & bought a topper specially for my husband! Didn't charge us a penny for it. That is proper service! Would recommend & definitely go back there again if we visit Amsterdam next time.

3  Thank sooichuen
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I followed the reviews when booking this hotel with some reserves about the rooms size. We arrived at the hotel after flying from Barcelona, Spain. We arrived quite early considering the check in policy, but this was not a problem! the guy at the front desk had our room ready and clean. The room was in fact small, but for the price and season was fair. The Larende is a short walk from the Metro station. The best of this Hotel is the restaurant, excellent fresh brewed coffee anytime you ask for, the food was superb! We ate there our whole stay, the pizzas and pastas are their specialties!

Staff very friendly, owner serve the tables with the best attitude ever!

Definitely will stay again when return to Amsterdam!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We arrived on Friday afternoon 9/20/13. I didnt get the gentleman's name, but he was so kind- we were dropping off our luggage en route to the car rental place, and I literally threw our luggage out of the car. He took what i couldnt handle and brought it in with me. He told me he'd place it all in our room, not to worry. Didnt even make me sign in as he knew we were in a no-parking zone. Upon return, he gave us each a glass of wine. So nice!
The whole staff was so helpful with everything, from purchasing hop on/hop off tram tickets, to giving directions. I might add that though this hotel is not in the central area, its still very convenient. We had room 101 which was a nice size, and featured a small balcony and king size bed. One thing that puzzles us on our trip to Europe is why no hotel uses a top sheet. We like to use a thin top sheet instead of a duvet. Luckily, someone had told me about this so we had brought our own.
I think this hotel is a good price and a good location.

Room tip: We loved room 101. And the windows did shut out any street noise. We slept well.
1  Thank sn00ksmama
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, Lenni provided us with a map and then gave us a great guide to all the points of interest (including non-touristy places) and drew directions for us (unprompted). Very helpful! At the hotel you can buy tram tickets, museum tickets, anything you need at all. The hotel is small, modern, bright and clean. Room was a decent size. Our bed was huge and firm (lovely!) We had a balcony (requested) and a big window which was great for people watching and it was surprisingly quiet at night considering it's a busy enough road. Mini-bar was v reasonable (€2 for a beer). Continental breakfast was nicer than most (with proper coffee, not filter) and the restaurant is pleasant and bright. By staying a little out of the town centre (it really was only a 20 min walk to Centrum and there was a tram stop right outside the hotel from where you could get to anywhere very quickly) we saved a lot of money. There are loads of reasonably priced restaurants and bars along the road the hotel is located on (and also some really cool shops). On the first night we had dinner at a lovely Italian (Cantinetta) a few doors down and expected the bill to be high (we'd been told over and over how expensive Amsterdam is). However, 2 courses/2 beers each later our bill was only a v reasonable €57 (excellent food). The beers were €3 each. Compare that to later that eve when we decided to grab a beer on Dam square: €9 a beer! Big difference. It is also a 10 min walk to the Jordaan area, which is lovely. Only small complaint is that they serviced the room on the 2nd day by adding toilet roll and re-stocking the mini bar but they didn't make the bed which I thought was odd. No big deal, but one of the little luxuries you expect from paying to stay in a hotel.

2  Thank Head M