All reviewstram stopcentral stationsmall hotelthree nightssingle roomdam squarebuy ticketsnumber tramhighly recommend this hotelcity centrespent nightstwo night stayminute walk from the hotelpleasant staytea and coffeequiet roomper day
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Hotel was a fantastic choice,we would definetely go back. The rooms were clean, the room was nice and neat with modern fittings but most of all the hotel staff and owner were so pleasant, helpful and kind. Breakfast and restaurant(turkish cuisine) was very very good. The hotel is 3-4 stops from city centre but there is a tram stop right outside making everything easy to access. i would recommend this hotel to everyone.!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Of the hotels I stayed in on my 18 day trip during September and October 2012, this one was the most pleasant. I had a miniscule single room, but with all the very best and new fittings one could ask for from a five-star hotel. The breakfast was excellent without fail, the advice from the staff top-notch (they were more than helpful) and they were standing ready with my coffee (as I like it - or tea if I chose) on the house whenever I returned tired form a sightseeing trip. At first I was sceptical as someone mentioned that this is not in the trendiest part of Amsterdam (Amsterdam-West), but I never felt I was slumming. On the contrary - Amsterdam is a great place - I certainly noticed no slums or strange creatures lurking around or felt unsafe.
Tram service is easy once you get a good map - can't wait for my next trip and I will certainly stay in Hotel Larende again. P/s - use the shuttle service to and from the airport. Its a breeze and worth the 16 EURO one way.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-streetfacing room. I was in a streetfacing room and although noisy, there's a lot to look at.Loved my room, noise and all. I am a city gal after all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Beulah V
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed in a single room for two nights at Hotel Larende whilst visting Amsterdam for a football match. The room was clean and compact, with modern fittings. The buffet breakfast was more than ample. Staff spoke English (like almost everyone else in Amsterdam) and were very helpful. Great value for money in a major european capital.

Hotel is 1.25 miles from Dam Square and 1.75 miles from Central Station. Distance was not a problem as I had planned to do a lot of walking whilst in Amsterdam. It was also well away from potential trouble after the match in city centre Amsterdam.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good service ! Rooms are a bit small ! Good overall ! Would stay againe! 15 min walk to the center or 5 min tram #13 ! Good food in the restaurant down stairs! Front desk very friendly and speak good English !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple