All reviews shared facilities the red light district great location single private room shared toilet and shower internet service central station nice breakfast wouldn't stay anywhere else early hours hard boiled eggs lovely city a great place to stay i highly recommend this hotel stay there again friendly hotel hear everything
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

It was my first time in this hotel. I had amazing time, the room was really good. Excellent service and recetion really helpful. Really delicious food. I can't wait to come back there. I highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been backpacking for 29 days (9 countries) and so far this has been our favorite place to stay. The service is definitely 5-star! Even though we arrived hours early, the staff held our bags for us and offered us a latte. You could not ask for a better location!

Everything in cleaned daily and remains spotless! The breakfast provided each morning was wonderful and the staff is willing to help with anything!

I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Traveling on my own at end of business trip for 2 nights in this really wonderful, gem of a hotel - it is in the heart of everything in the Amsterdam center, right on a canal, and near dozens of great restaurants and bars nearby (easy walking)- including the Red Light area, which has some really good canal-side bistros in addition to all the other attractions.. However, the nearby street this hotel is on is quiet and peaceful. all. Clean, comfortable rooms - great value, and nice breakfast and coffee in the morning is included (a surprise, I was not expecting on booking!).

If you are fortunate, you will be hosted by Ava or Debbie, or both! Each made my trip more enjoyable - Ava is gracious and an absolute delight, and she recommended 4 places to see when I was there (and 2 not to spend my limited time on) - I went to all 4 of the 4 she recommended and each was exceptional. Debbie is warm and outgoing, and gave me perfect recommendations for dinner and bars in the evening (ones I would not have found on my own). Many thanks to them both. I highly recommend this hotel -
Karl (Max) Sherman

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

The Anco is positioned in the red light district, which I thought could have been problematic in terms of noise, but it was surprisingly quiet. Our host Feliciano was so welcoming and had our room ready even though we were very early.
Now the hotel is not for the faint hearted. There is no elevator and the staircase is narrow. The facilities are shared. But we were fine with that. Also there is no air-conditioning.
The hotel has a quirky ambience (which we really appreciate) and is close to everything! Breakfast is included; toast, cereals, yoghurt, eggs, ham and cheese, along with coffee and teas.
Feliciano and the team were very hospitable and friendly.
The room rates are reasonable, especially compared to the exorbitant rates charged elsewhere.
We enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarmenGraceRusso
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel!! A*

Highly Recommend!!

Friendly Staff/Owners!

Decent Prices!

Great Location!

Clean & Comfortable!

Great choice of breakfast!

I have just returned from my stay at Anco Hotel. I've been to Amsterdam several times and this is genuinely one of the best hotels I've stayed at for the above reasons. The Owners & Staff were so nice, welcoming & helpful!

I can't wait to return!

Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: May 2017