“Great gay Hotel in the Center of Amsterdam”
Review of Amistad Hotel

and 1 more site!
Amistad Hotel
Ranked #61 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Had a wonderful stay at the Amistad Hotel. It is a small hotel with a very friendly and personal touch from all the staff. The room was tight, but very clean with great bathroom ensuite. The access to internet was included as well as the traditional dutch breakfast with the boys. But for sure the location is it's main highlight close to all major sights and bars. Could walk every where you needed to be while staying in the great city of Amsterdam.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TwoGuysCalgary

Reviewed May 7, 2010

I had a reservation to the Amistad hotel on april 22 and had to cancel it, as the volcanic ash made it impossible to fly into Amsterdam. Of course I should have been more careful in reading there booking conditions, but the end result was that the hotel charged me for two nights (274 euros) for a room I never got to use. Travel insurance was no help here either. Wrote an email to the hotel, but they are quite inflexible if you cancel your reservation. So make sure you go there, or your money will be lost. Next time I will book a hotel with more flexible booking conditions.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JuhaTku
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We had a great stay in the Amistad Hotel, very nice room with great bathroom. We felt at home immediately!! It's like I'm staying at my best friend's house.
woke up earlier just to by in the breakfast room with all the cuteboys. I liked the breakfast a lot.
I'll be back!
Grande beijos São paulo

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brasil1305
Reviewed March 1, 2010

The Staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed in the deluxe room and it was clean, warm, own smoking area. My room was located next to their main staircase so everytime someone when up or down you could hear it, loudly. This shouldn't be an issue if you are staying upstairs. All rooms do include a PC for surfing the net, it's included in the room price. If you bring your laptop you can easily connect the land cable to your pc and it works just fine. The location is great, close to everything. Breakfast is included and it's a great place to start meeting other guest and mingle a bit. I will definitely come back next year.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GideonN
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I went to Amsterdam for The New years celebrations, whilst looking for a hotel I found The Amistad Hotel which offers free computers in the rooms, which ment that I could really travel light leaving my laptop and work at home. luckily I didnt need to use the computer exept to check the best cruising places in amsterdam and who was online at gaydar. The hotel is in the perfect location for the parties in the center and next to the Leidse square to get a cheap taxi to the ones outside. I love the staff and my styled room and lets not forget the nespresso coffee at the late breakfast and at 5mins to1 they still served me ;-) I havent been to any other gay hotels in Amsterdam so I cant say its the best but compared to other hotels which I have stayed in elsewhere its right up there.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2009

A total, complet waste of money for and overrated hotel.

First of all, staff was not this kind and most limited in their servicing maners. They only give you a map with few and ONLY gay tips. If you do not need to be in a gay atmosphere, choose another hotel, where you'll find much much better service and quality-price relation. The breakfast was the POOREST I've ever had in a Hotel in my life.
The tub was not that clean.The door didn't close properly.There were ful ashtreys outside the room.

We've been to amsterdam several times and trust us : there are much better hotels to stay in.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Notcommingback
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly gay males except for the female housekeeper. For gay travelers it is in a great location - Kerkstraat is fairly gay and it is not a long walk to the Reguliersdwars area. It's more of a trek to the train station, but I walked it. The price is reasonable for this expensive city. One drawback is that it does not have air conditioning. Now it does not get unbearably hot in Amsterdam but I was there for a week and for a few days it was actually hot and the room was a bit uncomfortable due to the heat. Also, there are no amenities like a fitness center but it does not claim to be a five star hotel.
I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo