All reviewsgay clubsen suite bathgreat locationother gueststhe main hotelcold cutsfirst floorcentral locationmajor attractionsfour nightsclean hotelenjoyed my stayleidsestraatcityapartmenttramproximity
Reviewed May 4, 2017

Mind when making your booking that that according to their cancellation policy, that is so well hidden you may not fond it, they will charge you for your booking unless the room is cancelled prior to one month before your arrival!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2017

This was a great hotel and the breakfasts were awesome. They don't treat you as a guest but rather a close friend who just dropped in for the night.

A word of advice, it you're a small eater as I am go several hours without eating as they feed you well.

This is all family style and we started out with orange juice, though there are other juices there too, we followed this with bacon, eggs, toast, and in my case tea but they have coffee too, however, (European coffee is far too strong for me). Ask for their pancakes they're wonderful! Also on the table are an assortment of cold cuts like sliced ham and chesses, a wide variety of jams, jellies, cereals and so on. Trust me you won't leave the table hungry.

In addition to the great room and food they are also good at arranging boat rides, getting you a taxi to the airport and other things. As to the boat ride it's private with a personal touch and even includes a glass of wine. The two hour tour goes slow enough for you get to see the sights and learn about the history of Amsterdam. Believe me this is far better than the commercial tours.

There are two types of rooms, those with bathrooms (with a great shower) and those without. We had a room with bath, but there are shower rooms these are easily available and located on every floor.

The one downside of Amsterdam, and it's not just here, and that's the stairs! Almost every place has winding stairways, so if you are slightly overweight, and past 50, use caution and go slow. As to this hotel I was in luck, there were two handrails so these stairs were easier than most.

I strongly recommend this hotel. It's clean, comfortable with a private entrance and is within easy access to trams, shops, restaurants and so on.

Room Tip: Great location. Close to trams, shops, restaurants and night-life.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Thank Robert Alexande... T
Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel after hours, however check in was just at the hotel across the road and got pretty clear instructions on how to access my room so it wasn't any problem.

I was basically staying at the hotel because of its proximity to night clubs, and I'm glad I stayed here because all the main gay clubs are all just a short walk away and its easy to stumble back after a big night.

I was happy with the size of the room and the bathroom which included a big bath. My room faced into other buildings which was fine because it meant it was nice and quiet. Me and a few friends drunk in the room every night and sometimes had the music up a bit loud but no one said anything and there were no complaints which is great when your in Amsterdam for a fun weekend.

All the staff I interacted with were all very friendly, even down to the house keeper who I had a few laughs with.

I am coming back to Amsterdam for pride this year and it would have been great to stay at this hotel but for obvious reasons it was already sold out. It was also sold out the entire time I was staying here and I understand why.

Great homely hotel with friendly staff and cozy rooms. The stairs can be a challenge after having a few drinks :-)

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2017

The experience was awful Michael at the front desk was the most rudest obnoxious Guest front post I've ever experienced in my traveling life ever the room was dirty the room was disgusting it was ridiculous

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank johncvieau
Reviewed March 14, 2017

My partner and I stayed at the Amistad Hotel for four nights and had a great experience. Even though we arrived after hours, check in was very easy with clear directions. The room (we stayed in room 5) was clean and well-appointed. The bed was firm with clean, fresh, crisp sheets. Bath towels were good quality. The hotel itself was very quiet. Like us, most of the other guests during our stay were not particularly interested in late nights out at the clubs. It was a bit warm during the night so we opened the window (which faced the street). You could definitely hear the noise from the street but as we are both city people, we did not find this to be a problem. Hotel staff were super friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was fresh and delicious. Definitely recommend the Amistad Hotel and look forward to returning!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple