“Mixed review for Sept 2004”
Review of Amistad Hotel

and 1 more site!
Amistad Hotel
Ranked #62 of 248 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 25, 2004

We had a mixed experience at this hotel. We stayed three places in Europe and ironically this was the most expensive room and yet our least favorite. Good things - bathroom is WONDERFUL and modern. Hosts are friendly and helpful. They restock your refrigerator with beverages at reasonable rates. Internet cafe was convenient although available only 1300-2400. Negatives were having to remember to close window (note about burglars), thin walls led to hearing lots of stair activity and noise, uncomfortable beds. Did not sleep very well here. Was a little disappointed in breakfast as it didn't have meats as other Dutch breakfasts due. Plus the self-service style was difficult because of ability to maneuver around chairs. Room was small but okay although room 5 did look better than our own and might have helped.

• Stayed: December 2004
4  Thank DavidMS1961

madrid, spain
Reviewed August 29, 2004

we enjoyed verry much our stay at the amistad hotel. <it was not our first time in amsterdam, but our first time at this gay hotel and we will come back again for sure. we recommend it to everybody who likes the personal attention and warm and honest help from <mike <dickie and the others. A true litlle treasure in the middle of <amsterdam. Kiss <kiss to everybody.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
st louis, mo
Reviewed March 10, 2004

I have stayed at the Amistad twice more since I wrote my last comment.
Once in Jan and once at the end of Feb. The staff continued to provide excellent information and help with every aspect of my stay. I understand they now have a fully furnished penthouse apartment available ... I must check that out the next time I am there.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aruba
Reviewed February 20, 2004

I can recommend this treasure gay hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the middle of it all. Great location and the internetcafe is the icing on the gay cake !! Room was spacious and clean and loved the friendly staff who helped me make this stay unforgettable. Sure will come back !!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 19, 2004

A friend and I stayed over the New Year for 12 days. The location is perfect! You are close to lots of gay bars, museums, tram and all. It's not on a canal which is what I really wanted (but my friend got the room). The room was expensive due to the high season over New Years, although I did find some better deals in other hotels just before leaving....only not gay hotels. I missed the ammenities of the larger hotels. The breakfast was typical european bread, cheese, cereal..loooooved the cheese. It's a help yourself breakfast which I certainly didn't mind. The staff was always there in the morning with a smile and they really made the stay nice. Gave lots of advice and directions. I would stay here again but I would get the big room for myself and not share it with a friend as it's not really big enough for two who aren't used to sharing close quarters.

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank Marcasso
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed December 7, 2003

loved this little but very nice gay hotel. evrything is closeby and the people are very helpful. Also the internetlounge is great. loved the showers!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 16, 2003

I`ve passed a wonderful week in Amsterdan;and this charming hotel played an important part in it. Johan(owner)and the staff,have created a nice atmosphere managing this cosy,clean,stylish and well located "friendly hotel" in an excelent way.It`s a MUST.

3  Thank javimar07