“First time in a hostel and I don't know why!”
Review of Cocomama

Cocomama
Ranked #24 of 248 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was apprehensive about staying in a Hostel as I've never had this experience before.
I read good reviews about Cocomama, which helped me in taking the plunge for the first time!
I have stayed in Amsterdam a few times and this time I wanted to experience the outskirts, where it was quieter and prettier! I also preferred being closer to the music venues! (Paradiso,Peoples Place,Melkweg).
The staff and the facilities in Cocomama were fantastic! I was attending a gig within 20 minutes of my arrival, a taxi was booked and I was on my way! The staff were warm, efficient and professional!
The rooms have everything you need, a comfy bed, lockers, electric points, an epic shower and overall was very clean!
It's the luck of the draw when you hear people snore, so remember those earplugs! (Are you the one that wears earplugs and snores?)
Downstairs is where it's at!
You have a kitchen and fridge to for-fill your cooking needs, which is combined with the lounge where you can read a book, listen to music, watch a film or chill with Joop the cat!
This part of the building was where everybody would hang out, socialise and get together!
The staff put together nights out, as well as events at the hostel.
We were lucky to have a Halloween fancy dress party at Cocomama, which was hilarious! Most people who stayed attended and the hostess made a great variety of cocktail concoctions which haunted you as the night unravelled:)
The atmosphere at Cocomama made this a very special trip, which created memories I'll never forget!
I felt fortunate to have met some wonderful and inspiring people from writers to musician's, with whome I'll be in contact with for years to come!
This was one of the richest experiences of my life and I would like to say a big thank you to Cocomama for your support, in allowing me to work on my Artwork in portraiture!
I'll see you soon!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 18, 2012

after traveling for 5 months thorugh europe, i can tell you that this is the best hostel of my whole trip. nice atmosphere, nice boat trips, nice owners, nice guests...

clean and very special atmosphere! love the cat.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The only bad thing about Coco Mama is that it will spoil you for other hostels! The staff is accommodating, knowledgeable, patient and ultra groovy, which serves to compliment the quirky former-brothel's vibe very well. The common area is inimitable: I met some of the best people on my trip there! The bathroom was tidy, and the rooms were more than acceptable for a hostel (I stayed in the 6-berth red room). The location was great for me because I did not want to stay in the middle of all the hullabaloo. Coco Mama very well may be the best hostel in the world!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This place was in a great location, close to Heineken brewery and close to everything. My friend and I walked to almost everything from there. Great staff, clean room and bathroom, loved the cat, WiFi connection was great too. Definitely going back and staying there again.

Room Tip: all good!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a really great hostel, I had a very enjoyable stay here. You feel comfortable as soon as you walk in. The staff is very friendly and the size and layout of the hostel is perfect for meeting other people. The hostel hosts activities regularly (i.e dinner, pub crawl, etc.). The facilities are really good, everything is new, clean and good quality. The kitchen is very well stocked. I liked the location, easy to get anywhere but not right in the chaos of the center. The rooms are a bit small when fully occupied but the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are nice. Instantly one of my favorite hostels and would be my first choice for any future stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I felt like I was home! The room was great, very spacious and the bed was really comfortable too! The living room and the kitchen are also very nice and all the staff is also very friendly and helpful! I already miss Joop (the cat)... I'll definitely go back someday =)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was my second time at Cocomama and ever since my first visit, it became my favourite place to stay in Amsterdam. Rooms and atmosphere are nice and cozy, and the staff is super-friendly. Then, there are some lovely spots in the neighbourhood, shops and markets.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo