1,687 results
All reviews canal view list of recommended restaurants keizersgracht canal anne frank house jordaan area nespresso machine lovely canal central station restaurant recommendations great boutique bottle of champagne small room perfect location triple room within walking distance would highly recommend this hotel quiet street
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Sebastian for the last spot in my Europe trip and it worths every cent I paid for. Perfect location for the base to explore the city. Room is small but cozy. Nice talk in the bar and met the bar dog Happy! Will definitely come back!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2018

This is a wonderful small hotel to stay. If you are looking for a large, chain hotel this is not the place for you. Great location on a canal. Had a very friendly welcome and was escorted to our room facing the canal. Room was on the small side, but we knew that going in. Nevertheless, the room was very tastefully decorated and comfortable. I was having a little bit of a problem with the air conditioning. I went down to the desk and the person at the desk locked the door to the hotel while he came up to help me. He gave service up and beyond. The morning breakfast buffet was the best my wife and I have had anywhere. The desk people were also very helpful in recommending restaurants in the neighborhood close by. It was just an excellent place to stay and we would plan to stay there again. And I love the color purple accents throughout the property. We walked everywhere, even to and from Central Station. We love Amsterdam.

Room tip: Choose a room with a view of the canal. You can enjoy the life on the canal and the room is very quiet with the windows closed.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloridaGold
Reviewed August 7, 2018

My family truly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Sebastian's and will definitely return. The hotel is very well situated and the room we stayed in is pretty decent. The staff are all truly very helpful and willing to be of assistance if you happen to need help. Their buffet breakfast is really superb!

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank ANNARDS
Reviewed August 5, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Sebastians for five nights and it was wonderful. Extremely helpful and friendly staff - in particular Melissa, and DiDi (Desald?) at the front desk and Bernarda at the bar went out of their way to help us with recommendations, directions etc.. Great location on a quiet street right on the canal and within walking distance of many sights, museums, shops etc. as well as the Central Train station. Tram service is easy to navigate and nearby if you don't feel like doing much walking. Breakfast was typical European fare with a nice variety of items.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Amsterdam is my last stop of the Europe trip and it end it just well partly because of this good hotel. The hotel is just as described in their website. Room with aircon, strong wifi and extremely friendly and helpful receptionist. I can’t ask for more. It worth every single cent that I paid for my stay. The only thing is the wall is thin, you may hear some noises but is acceptable for me. Maybe not so good for light sleeper. Nevertheless, I Will definitely come back again and strongly recommended to anyone who is planning to travel Amsterdam. Cheers!

Trip type: Traveled solo