“Romantic”
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

Hotel Sebastian's
Ranked #5 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Always stay in this hotel when I'm in Amsterdam. It has the most cozy single room. The location is also excellent. Each room has a coffee machine and they can even lend you a laptop at the reception free of charge.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexKCG
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here to celebrate my 30th Birthday. Very easy to find from Central Station and only about a 10 minute walk from Dam Square. Its situated on a beautiful, quite canal. Staff extremely helpful.I thought it was such a special touch to find a bottle of bubbly and a letter from the owners when we checked into our room, very welcoming and it meant alot to me and I even brought the letter home with me as a souvenir. Loved the quirky decor and our room was the attic room. It was lovely. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Amsterdam. Only down point was I thought it was a little pricey but seen as it was a special occasion price didn't come into it.

1  Thank anniem84
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It's our second visit to Amsterdam and this hotel was way better than the one we stayed before. Reasonable price, well located and staffs were friendly. The hotel itself was clean, abit small, but sure enough if you are looking for a fair size room. It's about 10mins walk from Central station, not bad cuz you can take a look around the city. Overall I would recommend this hotel,and will stay again for my next visit.

Room Tip: pick a room facing the canal, it's really beautiful...
1  Thank tc0411
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was nice and big enough to accommodate the three of us as requested. It had a coffee and tea maker Keurig -style in room which was great cause it was cold and damp our first day. No breakfast included so we never ate much there. My daughter had some light food as she was home feeling ill and I think it was satisfactory although she didn't say much.
The in room cleaning services were not the greatest but the overall staff was wonderful. They helped me with some OTC flu medicine for my daughter who was under the weather when we arrived. They also had a list of restaurants nearby they recommended. It was a bit far from the main tram line but really Amsterdam is such a small city it didn't matter much.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights at Sebastian's over the Christmas period. When booking, we were attracted by the favourable reviews, particularly with those relating to location, comfort and the helpfulness of the staff. The reviews were correct in every respect.

A few weeks before our stay I emailed the hotel asking for help in finding places to eat suitable for my partner who is gluten and lactose intolerant. Priscilla and the rest of the team really went the extra mile to help and we ended up with a great selection of restaurants to visit. (Our runaway favourite was the Lieve - review coming up soon.)

Travelling from the airport we bought a return hotel shuttle ticket which was good value and made that side of things easy. The hotel, and our room, was clean, stylish, and very purple - but you soon get used to that. The bed was comfy and the linen changed daily. One minor deficiency was that there was no single light bright enough to do make-up and suchlike. My partner took to climbing down the little ladder to the big window and using natural light. Great views over the canal. Another excellent feature are the Nespresso machines in each room. They do make very good coffee.

Breakfast was exceptional. The gentleman in charge of the breakfasts seemed to have made it a personal mission to provide the perfect gluten/lastose-free menu: in addition to the wide range of cooked and cold food provided for omnivores like myself, he produced three types of gluten-free bread, lactose-free butter and yoghurt (in quantity), corn pancakes, and scrambled eggs. That made such a difference and set us up for days of shopping, eating, arts - and just watching the world go by, from the hotel's tranqil and beautiful, but central, location at the western end of the Keizergracht. We stayed in Amsterdam the previous Christmas in a 4-star hotel, and while we enjoyed ourselves, it lacked the location and warmth of Sebastian's. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in a top-floor room overlooking the canal. Great views and very peaceful.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Well-located, reasonable prices and a very very very friendly staff. Before check-in I received an e-mail advising that the room I chose was a bit small and if I had large suitcases they could store them in another place. The room was really small but my luggage fitted. And the room was really nice! Well-decorated, had an Iphone snooze and a Nespresso machine. I had just one issue not ok. I asked a girl on front desk to make a reservation on a restaurant, they she said it was ok but when i got in the restaurant there was no reservation for me. In the end everything went ok because the hostess arranged a table for me.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hotel was clean well placed and staff very helpful and friendly .
Had a room for smokers which was convenient and facilities in the room were great .
Would return / recomend this hotel to others wanting a relaxing break in a lively city

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple