“Christian”
Review of Sauna Deco

Sauna Deco
More attraction details
Owner description: Modesty has no place at this highly respectable sauna, where you get down to the altogether in mixed company. Sauna Deco is a small spa in a unique place and with a unique interior. A place for people that know how to appreciate a sauna bath. Don't expect swimming pools or a jacuzzi but know it has everything for a couple of hours of relaxing.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went there with my wife Maria and we felt like returning home. I felt so ecstatic and elevated after the sauna, that I made a total donkey out of myself asking, if it's ok, to take a picture...
Well it is a unisex-sauna... You should have seen the receptionists impression :D I tried to explain, that what I ment to ask was, that maybe she wouldn't mind to take a picture of the windows with beautiful eye-patterns for me, but at the same instant, a group of people blocked my way to her so I din't have time to explain, that I'm an artist not deranged perv :D We had a good laugh about the situation afterwards, my wife and I.
I absolutely recommend Sauna Deco!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wonderful place.
The massage therapist(a woman) was very experienced and was very well educated on massage techniques as well.
Regardless of the nudity, there was no sexual funny stuff going on in the premises.
I felt like a million dollars when I had left the place.
Loose as a goose.
My legs and lower spine has not felt that good in years.
Will definetly go back on my next trip.

3  Thank Steve N
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I absolutely love Sauna Deco having now visited for a second year running. The location on Herengracht is en route to some lovely bistro's and bars so once you have enjoyed your visit, you can then find some quality food nearby.

Sauna Deco is a mixed environment day spa which has 2 dry saunas, an infra red sauna, a large steam room, a plunge pool and areas to relax /sleep in should you feel inclined. It also offers therapies like massages, physio as well as light refreshments such as salads, beverages, fruit and etc.

The staff are very welcoming, the spa clean and the atmosphere very relaxed and friendly. The sauna's and steam room are very effective / hot!

I thoroughly recommend this wonderful spa - if only to banish all the aches and pains travelling can give you!

1  Thank ChittyChatty
Reviewed January 5, 2013

All wall in wood and glass. The scenery come from the old scenary of "le bon marché" in Paris.
The atmosphere is peace and respectful with local people.
Point of attention: No swimming suit, just towel.

5  Thank ialexandrek
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I am not a frequent saunas visitor, so my review is based on the money value and the experience. It is 25 euro per visit. You have to pay extra for a towel, I think this is outrages.
Male and female share everything in this place. Nudity is acceptable in sauna rooms, except if specified.
The feet wash basins are strange and not effective. There is a tiny cold water plunge pool.There are many seating areas which I find odd.
If you want to see a sauna place that has history and old look this is the place. If you love serious sauna, more modern and professional service, this sauna is not the place.

Massage service is available, 25 euro for 25 minutes. I am very disappointed with the massage. It is obvious that the lady who performed the massage was not a professional. Her hands were icy cold. The massage technique was poor.

3  Thank Ludwig S