“Not worth it”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Pubs were empty. Got physically thrown out of pub #4 by my neck completely sober and none of the staff seemed to think that was unacceptable-in fact their response was "We get on really well with the owner". No need to grab a female by the neck and physically thrown her out for doing absolutely nothing-completely SOBER!!
You probably get your value with the free t-shirt and the alcohol they pour into your mouth (however not strong at all) and free 1 drink at each venue (sometimes a shot, others only allowed beer or wine). But some clubs refused to give you a glass of water-you had to pay.
Not worth it- make your own with your own friends.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank jw097

Portugal
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Pub crawl in redlight district is to forget”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The quality of the drinks we were served was poor, many were only liquor with juice but it is understood.
The quality of the bars visited in redlight but is very very bad!
In 2 bars we clients had bad problems.
The people from the bars are very arrogant and rude, it's a trap, every drinks are very expensive
A bar refused to give sugar to a girl who was feeling bad.
In another bar charged € 9.50 for 1 vodka!! and threw the change to the ground to get the customer to go!!
Very very bad.
Overall all the bars are very expensive and await the visit of tourists pubcrawl for invoicing because they are always empty.
This visit here in the redlight not recommend.
If the organizers change some bars maybe this can be a good choise again.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank snowflakes69
Wicklow, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best pub crawl I've been on!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were late for the pub crawl, it starts at 8.30 but you can arrive anytime before 9.45. It took us a while to find because the pub is not called Cafe le Berry, it's News Cafe (or something similar) We arrived and the pub was packed, paid our €20, got a free t-shirt and free drink for the night in each club. We were supposed to go to 6 bars, but only did 4 because it was "too busy" apparently. That annoyed us a bit, but it was an unreal night. The staff were great craic, we had the best laughs ever and were out all night. I highly recommend this pub crawl!! We loved it!! It was all located in the city centre, so it was easy to find our way back to the hostel. If you're in Amsterdam....Do this pub crawl!

Visited March 2013
5 Thank SiobhB
Genoa, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Utterly dissapointing”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Last night I had what was definitely the worst pub crawl on my trip so far (I'm doing a one year eurotrip, so believe me there has been a few). To be specific I did the red light district pub crawl on the 29/3/2013. To start it off, the half hour "unlimited shots" consisted of one guy milling around slowly giving a bit of vodka to everyone. I think most people averaged like three shots in that half hour slot, where other people I was with were not so lucky and got nothing.

The places were also really crap. We were constantly herded like cattle up into some separate area or at the back of the venue by pushy security and bar crawl staff. The place were all pretty empty and dead.

The staff themselves were some of the most disinterested and unprofessional I have come across so far. They were way to busy looking at their phones, talking to each other or other people not even on the bar crawl to care about the atmosphere of the night. Their contribution other than taking us from place to place and the free drinks? Pretty much nothing. I remember the main guy saluting the bar staff at the final bar and leaving after like 1/2 an hour. I didn't see him talk to one person on the pub crawl in that time.

I will never forget when one of the pub crawl staff pretty much shoved my chin back to give me my vodka shot (you are supposed to kneel and have your head back as they pour it from the bottle). I was so angry at how rough he was, I honestly wanted to give him a good smack.

Had I know, I would of kept my money and did it on my own.

I understand that running a bar crawl isn't the easiest thing to do. But get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat.

P.S I've done the Leidspelein bar crawl in the past and really enjoyed myself. Utterly disappointed this time around. Hope this isn't the new standard for Ultimate Party Pub Crawls

Visited March 2013
1 Thank spike s
Newbury, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Night out I have EVER had”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

There are sooo many thing's I could tell you about how amazing my night was but it won't fit. But what I can tell you is that if you're looking for a good time, you need this in your life. The tourguides were so happy and lovely, there was a big selection of new people to meet from around the world, free drinks and plenty of new places we never would have gone to before. You must do this!

Visited September 2012