“The best Indian restaurant in Amsterdam”
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Ranked #477 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Dear ladies/gentlemen, my request is to replace the extra addition of location (red light district) better to write (near dam square).It is just two minutes walk from dam square. Red light area is 15 min.Walk from our rest.So will you pls.Replace that for me.As when customers read that some family members will not like to come to rest as they think that may be it is in red light.It is not in the red light.Pls.Will you change this for me. Thank you in advance, sardool singh(owner)
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I can highly recommend this restaurant for quality of food and excellent service. It costs about €50-€60 for 2 people, including drinks and is a 10 minute walk from Dam Square.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

what a difference between two Koh - I - Noor hotel s.poor service. Not able to manage The .Kitchen must be smaller one ,it took long time .Taste also not like their westmarket restaurant..Please walk for 10 mintues or take tram to go to their westmarket restaurant.from this place.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

On the day I went here I had managed so far to successfully avoid my pre work for my course on wednesday by visiting Ikea and then going the pub to watch the football.  Of course im not particularly proud of this fact its just the way it has worked out.

The Koh I Noor Is part of a chain of 2 restaurants in amsterdam the one in Westermarkt is rated the best on trip advisor.

I have to report that the podaddums are very acceptable.

2nd best Sheek I ve had in the Netherlands, best Madras so far.  Rice was rubbish, but the keema naan although short on the keema was very tasty.

Service was fine.  The westermarkt one is maybe slighly better.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Then again this is not the UK so what you might have expected, as a Brit, looking for a Ruby Murray you may feel a little let down. Not bad. But not great.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We have dined here a number of times over the years we have been going to Amsterdam and never had a bad meal. The food and service has always been very good. Yes it can get busy but that just shows how popular it is.