The Manor Amsterdam
Volkshotel(Amsterdam)
Hotel Casa(Amsterdam)
Hotel Plantage(Amsterdam)
1,973 results
All reviewsmuiderpoort stationtram stopcity centrenumber tramgreat hoteltram takesdam squarewet roomdouble bedjunior suitestayed for nightswould highly recommend this hotelschiphol airportbooked this hotelshort breakmodern hotelpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As I like Amsterdam a lot, I regretted that I could only stay for one night. But this single night was very comfortable at The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden. Yes, the street is quite noisy, but in a lively town like this, I did not aspect countryside quietness… And the windows are thick enough, so I slept well.
The staff in general is very friendly and willing to help in all cases; I want to mention the concierge in particular, because he really pays a lot of kind attention to the hotels guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked this hotel for an one night stay on 18 February 2013. The booking was made via booking.com and the room price per night exl. breakfast was only €55. I was already familiar with Hampshire Eden. In May 2010 I visited the restaurant of 'De Broeierd Hampshire Eden' in Enschede. I was really impressed then and this made me decide to book another Hampshire Eden. One that note, I only visited the restaurant in 'De Broeierd'. Definitely worth to visit, very tasty food and great service!

The hotel is not in the city centre. However, it is very close to Amsterdam Muiderpoort train station and at Amsterdam Centraal station you can take tram 9 (Diemen Sniep) which stops in front of the hotel. This is a 10 minute journey and you really see some nice areas of Amsterdam. It's located close to a park which is great for a nice walk. Furthermore is the exterior of the hotel tremendous. You don't expect such a trendy design in such a historic and monumental building.

Check-in was quick, efficient and friendly. We were positively surprised by the room. Great design, lovely bed and very clean. They also offer free wifi for one device and this is a huge pro for us!

There was an issue with the lighting on our floor. At one point it just started flickering and all lights completely switched off. We notified reception and it did not occur again after that. Perfect example of an adequat and quick follow up.

The bed was perfect and I slept like a baby. The room was a bit hot, perhaps the AC was not working properly. When the window is closed you don't hear any noises from the street. Window is quite small, so in room 310 not much natural day light.

I have two marginal comments on the stay. First of all is the design of the bathroom debatable. The door has chinks on each side, it's easy to look into the bathroom when the door is closed. Moreover, this door faces the toilet, so privacy comes into play. Besides, there are also two windows next to mirror. From that angle in the room, you also have a clear view of what is going on in the bathroom. Second is the quality of food we received from room service. We ordered a pepperoni with rocket saled pizza during the night and we were pretty sure this was just a pizza from the supermarkt with some stray leaves of rocket salad. For €12,50 + tray charge is this absolut below standard and our expectations.

Overall, we enjoyed a very good stay and this is definitely a hotel I would book again or recommend to friends & family for that rate in Amsterdam. The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden is a great city trip hotel par excellence.

Room Tip: We stayed in 310 on the third floor, which has only one small window for natural day light. The next time I would ask for a room with a bigger window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lielalau
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good personnel. Good sleeping. Good breakfast for 17 EUR or 15 prepaid EUR. But I never forgot very nice restaurant with seafoods and best grappa in the world "Dante Rivetti - Grappa di Barbaresco" (it looks strange so far from Italy but manager's choice was excellent). As bonus for business traveller - "ret a bicycle" instead of "rent a car" :-) In the future I'll stay here and use no taxi but bicycle to reach the main office

Room Tip: Any room will be the good choice
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Building is beautifull, inside and outside. Room was a bit dusty in the corners, and there was mould on the bathroom ventilator. Bath was perfect though, and beds nice and clean. Pitty they did not apoligize after giving us a standard room while we booked a deluxe room.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I think that what I expect from a 4 star hotel was what I received at The Manor in Amsterdam. It is a clean and funky hotel, the rooms are not large but enough for a short stay. There are some questionable aspects that I do not understand, for example, the see through panels into the bathroom, that allow anyone in the room to view bathroom activities, this is just poor design, as is the location of the sink. The rooms all feature an overbed artpiece, some are clearly more attractive than others, ours was a shadow image of a girl getting dressed, it was a bit dark but did not effect the comfort of the bed, which was good. The bathroom could benefit from a low level night light, as the door is made of smoked glass, and allows too much light ( and sound ) into the room.
The hotel is well located with good tram access into the centre of Amsterdam, although be aware that taxis in the area are expensive, 15 Euros to Dam Sq.
All in all a nice hotel, with a warm welcome from the reception team.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple