8,059 results
All reviews sky lounge the executive lounge double tree warm cookies apple tv great location rooftop bar train tracks guest services chocolate cookies city view floor to ceiling windows top floor river cruise modern hotel amsterdam centraal excellent hotel
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for several nights prior to a cruise. Very good location for daily exploration of the city. Hotel was very well kept, rooms were nicely appointed and clean. Bar and executive lounge were very nice. Staff was quite friendly and very helpful.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay in our hotel. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with the most personal and friendly service and I am glad to see that you experienced it as such. We truly value you as our guest and we appreciate that you have taken the liberty to share your experiences with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We stayed here in the handicapped room with a roll in shower both pre cruise and post cruise; It is in an excellent location and we appreciated the nearby grocery store. On our pre cruise stay, they had no ice on any of the floors where they had a machine but that was fixed by our second stay. Staff was very helpful and offered free bottled water and apples plus of course, the warm arrival cookie. Should our travels take us back to Amsterdam, we will likely stay here again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for couple of nights during a business trip. The hotel location is near the central metro station which is a huge advantage. It is also near the location where you start the canal cruise trip.

The hotel is nice and the rooms are big but the facilities are so basic. The breakfast is nice with varieties. The only uncomfortable experience I had here is that checking in twice; the first time once I arrived but the room was not ready so they asked me to wait for one or two hours but they did complete check-in process, including blocking the room charges from my credit card. The second check in was two hours later and almost the same process without the credit card part. So I had to stand in the queue twice! Apart from that it was nice experience and I will definitely return to this hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Amsterdam. It saddens me to see that you were not completely satisfied with your stay due to some inconveniences. My sincere apologies for that. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

I stayed here for 4 days during an exhibition visit, and as they were out of rooms, since I booked this hotel the day of the exhibition, they gave me an upgraded suite, which had one of the most amazing views in Amsterdam. it is a clean hotel with good service, the location is the biggest plus, next to the canal, and walking distance pretty much to everything. it also has the famous skydome bar on the roof, which I did nto have the chance to visit, but as my room was right below it, can imagine that it must have nice views.
The breakfast was sufficient, and omelettes were really good, you had to order, of course FOC. Check in was smooth, and concierge had good about the area.
Housekeeping was good, nothing was missed, and rooms were tidy. the room had one of the nicest balconies among all hotels I have stayed at, with exceptional views of the city.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again when back int he city next time, and surely would like to stay here with the family.

I would definitely choose a room facing the canal if possible.

Room tip: canal view and higher floors
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this amazing review and for giving us the highest score possible! We are very happy to see you had a great time whilst staying with us. We hope you will visit us again soon when you are planning another trip to Amsterdam!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Ok Hotel with ok service, no upgrade for HHonors gold member, HHonors check in permanently blocked, nice view from room 7th floor, very close to central station and central district, in general recommendable pricy hotel

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with the most personal and friendly service and I am glad to see that you experienced it as such. We truly value you as our guest and we appreciate that you have taken the liberty to share your experiences with everyone here on TripAdvisor as well. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.