DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
$276
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$143
$85
Hostelworld.com
7,569 results
All reviewssky loungethe executive loungedouble treewarm cookiesapple tvgreat locationrooftop barguest servicestrain trackscity viewfloor to ceiling windowstop floormodern hotelriver cruiseexcellent hotelamsterdam centraalearly check
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I paid 293 Euros for a 1 night stay, which I can only assume is for the close proximity of the hotel to the city centre and Amsterdam Central Station. Staff were polite and helpful and brakfast was OK but the guest rooms are more like your average cheap Holiday Inn than what you would expect from a brand name like the Hilton. The rooms are very plain and uninspiring and certainly not luxurious at all. If you are looking to spend your hard earned money on something with a little bit of splendour, then look elsewhere. I am glad it was for 1 night and not 4 or 5.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review after your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Central Station.

Please note that our bedroom rate varies every day and is based on our availability. You have stayed with us during a very business fair period which is why our bedroom rates have been higher than they would generally be. If your travels bring you back to Amsterdam I would advise you to book longer in advance. In general rates tend to become higher closer to the date as there is less availability in the hotel.

I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Excellent hotel with great location and service. Less than a 5 minute walk from the central train station in downtown Amsterdam. Staff were very helpful in trying to retrieve our lost luggage from the airline. Spoke English very well. Concierge was helpful with museum and bus tickets as well as dinner reservations. Modern and spacious hotel room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michellemA2474UK

Many thanks for your recent stay and for your nice review on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read that our staff has been very helpful and that you mention our concierge in particular for his help.

I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We are staying here right now and I can honestly stay that this is the best hotel we have stayed in, in Amsterdam. Okay, I have not stayed in the deluxe hotels and I am sure they are also great but in terms of location, value for money, views, space, excellent breakfasts and outstanding staff, the Doubletree is it.

Coming in from the airport to Centraal Station, the hotel is literally less than a 5 min. walk. We were fortunate to have a junior suite on the 5th floor, facing the city (Diamond HH members) and the size of the rooms is phenomenal for Amsterdam. The view isn't bad either!

The breakfast buffet in the City Cafe is also excellent. Lots of choice, including British and American style bacon and everything else you could want....even fresh dragon fruit.

The only 'disappointment' is the Executive Lounge, which shouldn't be a disappointment because the fact that Doubletree has one is a bonus. But, in this case, and perhaps because of the World Cup, it has been extremely crowded. Still, we managed to find two seats and met two nice people to chat with.

We are coming back next week and can hardly wait to return. Thank you Doubletree Amsterdam. You are a credit to the Hilton name, with a lovely Dutch welcome.

Room Tip: Junior Suites facing the city are worth the extra splurge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Katchapuri

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review. I am very proud to read that you have awarded our hotel as 'the best in Amsterdam'.

We love to welcome you again this week. Should there be anything we can do to make your stay even better, please let us know!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent hotel. Will stay here again. Walking distance to everything, good food, nice staff. I have been to Amsterdam multiple times and will only stay at this hotel. Would reccomend to anyone traveling solo or in group to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Chad M

Wow! Many thanks for your kind words! They are much appreciated. I look forward welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station should your travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for 6 days this month and the location was perfect! We stayed in an executive room with a beautiful view. The hotel is two minutes from centraal station which is really convenient. The staff was very nice and the full breakfast buffet had everything you could want plus you could order anything that you wanted that was not on the buffet bar. Bottled water was free at the hotel lobby as well as in the executive lounge. There is also a Starbucks located in the hotel. I will definitely go back to this hotel if I'm in Amsterdam again. I must comment on one thing however. I knocked off one star because of the less then perfect housecleaning. Our room had dust bunnies all over the place and the furniture was all covered with a thick layer of dust. The carpets in the hallways never really looked like they had been vacuumed. One last complaint which is trivial to me but still for a hotel chain that prides itself in giving out warm fresh chocolate chip cookies on arrival I will say that our cookies were cold and stale. Also our safe needed to be to be fixed and it took two days and a few phone calls to the front desk before it was attended to. Other than that I can only say good things about this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ginny L

Many thanks for your recent 6-day stay and our kind words noted here on Tripadvisor. It is great to read you would come back to our hotel should your travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

I am sorry to hear your comment about housekeeping and I will discuss this with our housekeeping manager as your experiences are not up to the standard level of service we provide. I am also sorry to read that your chocolate chip cookie was not as warm as you expected. If you plan to come back to our hotel or any other DoubleTree by Hilton hotel worldwide, would you please let me know as I would love to arrange some warm cookies for you!

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.