“convenient location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #60 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very close to the station, turn left and walk for 5 minutes. The cookie was a nice touch on check in.I requested a canal view which we got. It was a pleasant modern room and I liked the Apple TV and Wifi. I was surprised at the lack of coffee/tea facilities but maybe it was expected we would pay extra for the executive facilities? Thank you to the staff who noticed it was my birthday and left chocolates - much appreciated! We also had a most enjoyable meal at the floating chinese restaurant nearby, pricey, but have the set meal, it was excellent!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Annem03
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. It makes me happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and birthday in our hotel. I am sorry for not informing you about the coffee and tea facilties in the room, we have them in every room in the drawer.
Good that you have enjoyed the Chinese restaurant and hopefully we may welcome you again in the future. Thank you very much!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Found location next to station ideal, was my husband birthday and had requested room with nice view so on checking in my husband was greeted by a happy birthday and a handshake which was a nice personal touch and made my day as it was a big birthday for him. We where then advised that we would be upgraded to executive room for duration of our stay and had been given room with the most fantastic view of Amsterdam. Found all staff very helpful especially check in guy, room good with lovely comfy bed. Enjoyed executive lounge with free breakfast which was more than adequate and loved the free drinks and snacks which saves you money as the city can be expensive. Free wine and beer at happy hour each night, would recommend this hotel and we enjoyed the convient location within this beautiful vibrant city.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Amsterdam it was stunning view with floor to ceiling windows and as nice at night as...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Very good to read that you enjoyed your stay that much! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Caroline.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

A couple of minutes walk from the station and you are there.

Check in was smooth although after reading many reviews about the cookie on arrival this was not offered to us which was disappointing and I was too embarrassed to ask. I kept seeing other guests given them whilst passing through reception during my stay so if you don't get one make sure you speak up!

We had an executive room and superb city views. The cold water in the fridge was great and topped up daily.

We stayed for our wedding anniversary and the hotel gave us a bottle of prosecco which we drank on the rooftop of the sky lounge which was spectacular.

The breakfast was enough to start the day right.

My one tip to the hotel would be to have a permanent staff member pour the Heineken for the guests as there is so much wasteage from people not knowing what they are doing. My husband used to be a barman and he found himself pouring a lot of the guests beer when he was getting his drink as everyone seemed to be getting froth!

It would also be nicer if the lounge was open longer for alcoholic drinks as the 24 hours drinks and nibbles advertised only applies between 7-9pm for these.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Sterrenlicht1

Thank you for your kind words. I feel really sorry that you didn't receive the cookie! This should have been given to you, my apologies. Let me know when you are coming back, so I can make sure you will have enough cookies for the whole stay! Caroline

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great location to begin any journey you wish in Amstedam. I was placed in a hadicape room so I really don't have a cluewaht the regular rooms look like. Arrived before checkin time paid the $40 euro to get in a room, the only one availoable was hadicapped..
Good service, nice restaurant in lobby and excellent lounge on top overlooking the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter L
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for writing this review. Hope to see you back again soon! Caroline.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I thouught the room was quite expensive for it's size and the amenities were very very basic in the bathroom. Executive floor was on the ground floor with little or no control so I am sure that lots of guests used the facilities regardless of paying for the exec features. If you were late for breakfast then there was little left and staff complained at the lack of staff to replenish what they could. Asked for late check out and was told "NO!" not even 30 minutes even though I'd stayed there a week Great location though

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank GazzaBB

Thank you for your feedback. When you need more amentities in the bathroom next time, please do let Housekeeping know. They are more than happy to bring you all the things you need. I will share your feedback regarding the breakfast, executive lounge and late check out within our teams. My apologies for the inconvenience! Caroline

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have stayed In a few of the offshoots of Hilton but found this Doubletree a little oasis in a bustling city.

We booked a standard double room without breakfast - our room was very clean, comfy bed, nice large bathroom and shower together with loads of little toiletries to try, we had kettle and condiments, ironing board and hair dryer. We had a fridge, empty, but filled this up with a few bottles of water from reception that are given away free with apples which is a fabulous touch. The main thing we lived was the iMac TV! Fabulous technology for the wizards out there - it was great and you could log on to the internet from your room.

The hotel has the sky bar on the 11th floor together with bars, restaurants, gym a Starbucks. It is located about 5-10 mins walk from the station. I never heard a train once - in fact it was so very quiet. The staff are great and will accommodate any request - big fan and will return soon!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

How great to read that you enjoyed your stay that much! Thank you and hopefully we can welcome you back again soon. Caroline

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I could and will recommend this hotel to anyone.
I have just returned from a long weekend there and it is a fantastic hotel. I stayed in room 533 , it had fantastic city, canal views and was very quiet.. All the staff at the hotel are so friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfasts in the executive area and the free drinks and snacks too. The hotel is so clean . The views from the Sky Lounge are fantastic.
Loved the Apple Mac in the room and the free WiFi
A wonderful hotel , based next door to the station and only a few minutes walk into town . Fantastic !

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was 533 , it had fantastic views of the city and canal and was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viv G

Very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay that much. Thank you for your review. Caroline